Spring Pasta Salad-this healthy pasta salad has all of your favorite spring vegetables-asparagus, peas, artichokes, and spinach! It is great as a main dish or side dish!
I was in full spring mode until we got a huge snow storm last week. Utah almost always gets a big spring storm, so I shouldn’t have been too shocked, but since we didn’t get much snow during the winter I was hoping it would skip us during the spring. No such luck. I was not happy when I woke up to a winter wonderland. Oh well, we need the snow and Caleb and Josh had fun building a snowman. And luckily it melted quickly. Yay for sunshine!
Spring is back…and I hope it is here to stay! One of my favorite spring meals is this Spring Pasta Salad. It is easy to make, pretty to serve, and good for you too!
To make the salad, I use DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle. We are whole wheat pasta fans at our house and DeLallo makes the best! The butterfly pasta is perfect for spring, but any shape will work! Caleb likes to make the butterfly wings flap and I am ok with that since he gobbles it up after he is done playing. Food should be fun!
I add all of my favorite spring vegetables to this pasta salad: asparaugs, peas, artichokes, and spinach. I love all of the green!
The dressing on this pasta salad is super simple and light. I drizzle the salad with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. I top the salad with fresh basil and feta cheese and that’s it! This salad doesn’t need much. It is tasty as is!
You can enjoy this Spring Pasta Salad as a main dish or side dish. It is perfect for potlucks, picnics, or parties! I like to make it for dinner and enjoy leftovers for lunch. Cook once, eat twice, works for me!
Get your spring on and make this fresh and healthy Spring Pasta Salad!
Spring Pasta Salad
- 1 pound DeLallo's Organic Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces, ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups peas we use frozen
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente texture, according to package instructions. Three minutes before the pasta is done cooking, carefully add in the asparagus pieces. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta and asparagus. Rinse cold water over the pasta and asparagus.
- Pour the pasta and asparagus into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir. Add the spinach, peas, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, feta cheese, and basil. Toss until combined and season with salt and black pepper. Serve!
- Note-the pasta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If storing it in the fridge, freshen it up with an extra drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with DeLallo Foods, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.