You only need 5 ingredients to make this easy Pesto Pasta Salad! It is the perfect pasta salad for summertime! It is great for any easy lunch, dinner, or side dish!
Summer Pasta Salad
Who is ready for summer? Both of my hands are raised. Our boys are currently working on our summer bucket list and they have come up with some fun ideas. It is going to be a busy summer, but I don’t mind being busy if it is all fun. Of course, we will still be working to make sure you guys have delicious recipes to eat all summer, but good food is fun to me:)
Speaking of good food, you guys are going to LOVE this Pesto Pasta Salad. It is the perfect summer pasta salad recipe and guess what, you only need FIVE ingredients!
During the summer, we are all about easy meals because we are too busy having fun and this salad is super easy and SO delicious!
Easy Pasta Salad
This easy pasta salad is one of our favorite recipes during the summer when we aren’t in the mood to cook but still want a delicious meal. It takes 20 minutes tops to make and you only need five ingredients:
- Pasta– Fusilli, penne, or farfalle are good options, but feel free to use your favorite pasta!
- Pesto– I like to use my homemade pesto, but store bought pesto will work too!
- Tomatoes– I like to use grape or cherry tomatoes. If you have bigger tomatoes, just chop them up!
- Fresh Mozzarella– I like to use fresh mozzarella bocconcini, the small balls of mozzarella cheese for this recipe. If you can’t find it, you can use regular mozzarella, just cut it into bite size pieces.
- Fresh Basil– Add in fresh basil for extra flavor.
All of these ingredients come together to create a delicious pasta salad that is bursting with summer flavors.
How to Make Pesto Pasta Salad
I know most people don’t like to cook during the hot summer months, but don’t worry, this pasta salad doesn’t require a lot of cooking.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, according to package instructions.
- After the pasta is done cooking, rinse it with cold water. This is a cold pasta salad, making it perfect for summertime.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pesto, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil. That’s it! Such an easy pasta salad recipe!
Take it easy this summer and make this Pesto Pasta Salad for lunch, dinner, and all of your summer parties and potlucks! It is a hit every time!
How to Store
You can keep the salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. You can make it in the morning and eat it for lunch or dinner. I love that this recipe can be made in advance!
Keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you need to stir in a little extra pesto before serving, to freshen it up, go for it!
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Easy Orzo Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Summer Tortellini Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 16 oz pasta (fusilli, penne, or farfalle)
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella bocconcini, small balls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse well with cold water; drain again and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the pesto and stir until the pasta is well coated. Stir in the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod