Stone Fruit Kale Salad
Stone Fruit Kale Salad-this simple kale salad is loaded with summer stone fruit, goat cheese, and pistachios. It is the perfect salad for summertime.
Summertime and the livin’ is easy, that is my summer motto. I am all about easy during the summertime. Flexible schedules, spontaneous outings, lots of fun, and super easy meals. I like to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sunshine.
We have been eating outside as much as possible because I love the laid back atmosphere and the clean up is always easy. We love having BBQ’s, going on picnics, and eating dinner by the pool. We teamed up with Bertolli® Olive Oil to “spin the bottle” and create summer recipes and this Stone Fruit Kale Salad is our current favorite. It goes great with any summer meal and tastes even better eaten al fresco!
I am in a fruit frenzy right now. There are so many delicious fruits that are ripe and ready to be eaten, which is another reason why I love summertime.
I am currently crushing on stone fruits. They are so good! I wanted to add them to a kale salad, but couldn’t decide which stone fruits to use, so I used them all. Peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and cherries, the more the merrier!
Do you know there are a few secrets to making a killer kale salad? First, make sure you remove the ribs and chop up the kale into thin strips. Next, massage the kale. Yes, give the kale a nice little massage. You don’t have to turn down the lights or light a lavender candle, but add a little of the dressing and crush those greens! The massage will break down the kale and make it less bitter.
For this Stone Fruit Kale Salad, I make a simple lemon vinaigrette. I like using Bertolli®Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it has a bold rich taste. It is cold pressed and is best suited for cold uses like marinades, dressings and dips. To the extra virgin olive oil, I also add shallot, fresh lemon juice, Bertolli® Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar, salt, and pepper. Fresh, simple, and SO good with the salad.
I top the kale salad with my mixture of beautiful stone fruits, crumbled goat cheese, and pistachios. A drizzle of extra lemon vinaigrette and this salad is ready to be served.
Bring a little extra sunshine to your carefree summer days with this Stone Fruit Kale Salad. It is gorgeous to serve and delicious to eat!
Stone Fruit Kale Salad
This simple kale salad is loaded with summer stone fruit, goat cheese, and pistachios. It goes great with any summer meal.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 large bunch kale, washed
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1 large nectarine, sliced
- 1 large plum, sliced
- 2 apricots, sliced
- 10 cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- First, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine the shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- To make the salad, use a knife to remove the ribs from the kale and discard. Chop the kale into thin strips. Place the kale in a large serving bowl and drizzle it with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to soften and remove some of the bitterness.
- Top the kale with peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and cherries. Crumble goat cheese over the top of the salad and garnish with chopped pistachios. Drizzle salad with lemon vinaigrette and serve.
Note-you might not need all of the vinaigrette. If you have leftover vinaigrette you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to one week. Stir before using.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by Bertolli®but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.