Happy 4th of July! We hope you are all enjoying the holiday with good food, family, friends, and fun. We are still having a great time in Illinois. We are going to swim and play tennis all day and have a BBQ tonight. Sorbet is one of my favorite summer desserts. It is simple to make and so refreshing. I recently made a batch of Strawberry Basil Sorbet and oh my-it is fabulous!
You only need four ingredients to make this Strawberry Basil Sorbet: strawberries, basil, sugar, and fresh lemon juice. You don’t even have to heat up the house to make this dessert-another bonus:) You blend all of the ingredients together in a blender and then chill the mixture.
After the mixture chills, you churn the sorbet in an ice cream maker. It is that simple. Basil is my favorite herb so I knew I would love the strawberry/basil combination, but Josh was a little skeptical. I told him it would be a winner and I was right:) We both loved the sorbet. The basil is not overpowering, it just adds a tasty twist to the classic strawberry sorbet.
If you are looking for a unique and refreshing sorbet recipe, try this Strawberry Basil Sorbet. We hope you have a safe and Happy 4th of July!
Strawberry Basil Sorbet
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1. In a mediium bowl, toss teh strawberries with the sugar. Stir until all of the strawberries are well-coated. Cover and let stand for 1 hour, stirring every so often.
- 2. Puree the strawberries and their liquid with the basil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 3. Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Strawberry Basil Sorbet, you might also like: