Happy 4th of July! We hope you are all enjoying the holiday with good food, family, friends, and fun. We are still having a great time in Illinois. We are going to swim and play tennis all day and have a BBQ tonight. Sorbet is one of my favorite summer desserts. It is simple to make and so refreshing. I recently made a batch of Strawberry Basil Sorbet and oh my-it is fabulous!
You only need four ingredients to make this Strawberry Basil Sorbet: strawberries, basil, sugar, and fresh lemon juice. You don’t even have to heat up the house to make this dessert-another bonus:) You blend all of the ingredients together in a blender and then chill the mixture.
After the mixture chills, you churn the sorbet in an ice cream maker. It is that simple. Basil is my favorite herb so I knew I would love the strawberry/basil combination, but Josh was a little skeptical. I told him it would be a winner and I was right:) We both loved the sorbet. The basil is not overpowering, it just adds a tasty twist to the classic strawberry sorbet.
If you are looking for a unique and refreshing sorbet recipe, try this Strawberry Basil Sorbet. We hope you have a safe and Happy 4th of July!
Strawberry Basil Sorbet
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a mediium bowl, toss teh strawberries with the sugar. Stir until all of the strawberries are well-coated. Cover and let stand for 1 hour, stirring every so often.
2. Puree the strawberries and their liquid with the basil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you like this Strawberry Basil Sorbet, you might also like: