We are in California right now. Last week, we attended a blogging event with Dole in Monterey and this week we are hanging out with Josh’s family. We are having a great time and Caleb has been such a good baby.
I am currently obsessed with California’s strawberries. There is a strawberry stand on almost every corner. The strawberries are freshly picked and so delicious. I made this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt before we left for California and I want to make it again with all of these yummy California berries.
Frozen yogurt is probably my second favorite treat-cookies will always be number one:) I could eat fro yo every day in the summer…and most days I do! We love going out for soft serve, but I also love making it at home. It is so easy! You only need four ingredients to make this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt-strawberries, Greek yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice. I use Chobani 0% plain yogurt and it works great! The frozen yogurt is creamy and smooth.
Find some juicy strawberries and make this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. It is the perfect cool down treat for a hot day!
And on a side note-I went to Trader Joe’s on Monday and I am madly in love with that store. I wanted to buy one of everything, but unfortunately I don’t have that much room in my suitcase. I did buy some coconut oil, cookie spread, a cookie spread candy bar, sweet potato chips, and a few other random things. I might have to stop in one more time before we go home. I really wish we had a Trader Joe’s in Utah!
And another side note-today is Josh’s birthday! Yay! We are going out to dinner with family and making his favorite Key Lime Tart for dessert! Happy Birthday Josh! We love you!
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1 quart
- 1 pound strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place the sliced strawberries in large bowl with the sugar. Stir until sugar begins to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and fresh lemon juice. Pulse until strawberries are smooth.
- Chill mixture for at least 1 hour, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you like this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, you might also like: