Summer is in full swing and that means it is ice cream season. I love making homemade ice cream, it is the BEST!
This Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream from David Lebovitz’s book, The Perfect Scoop, is perfection! It is soooo creamy and the perfect recipe for strawberry season. Use the ripest, juiciest, strawberries you can find for the best strawberry flavor.
This ice cream is easy to make. Toss fresh strawberries in a bowl with sugar and let them sit for about an hour so their juices can come alive.
Next, you mix all of the ingredients together in a blender-strawberries and their juices, sour cream, heavy cream, and lemon juice.
You let the mixture chill and then freeze it in your ice cream maker. The result is creamy, slightly tangy, sweet strawberry ice cream.
If you like soft ice cream, go ahead and eat it right away. My favorite part is licking the bowl:) If you prefer hard ice cream, let the ice cream set up in the freezer before serving. Cool off with a giant scoop of Strawberry-Sour Cream Ice Cream this summer. This recipe is a must make!
Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Slice the strawberries and toss them in a medium bowl with the sugar and vodka or kirsch, if using. I left the alcohol out. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve and all of the strawberries are coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Pulse the strawberries and their liquid with the sour cream, heavy cream, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until almost smooth, but still slightly chunky.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod