Sweet and Salty Marshmallow Popcorn-this sweet and salty popcorn is easy to make and great for movie night, game day, or any day! Kids and adults love it!
If you are a sweet and salty fan, we have the perfect treat for you today! This Sweet and Salty Marshmallow Popcorn is a fun snack to make and eat! I will warn you though, it is VERY dangerous. We made a big pan over the weekend and I couldn’t stay away. I kept telling myself every bite was my last bite, but every time I walked by the pan I would grab another handful. I have no self control when it comes to sweet and salty! This popcorn is too good to resist!
I love this popcorn because it is easy to make too! You don’t have to turn on the oven for this popcorn treat! You just cook everything on the stove and pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and pretzels until they are well covered. The mixture will be sticky and that is ok. It is all part of the fun!
I add plain M&M’s because they add a pop of color and chocolate is always a good idea. Peanut M&M’s would be good too, but I have to go nut-free for Josh!
I am going to make a big pan for Halloween. It is the perfect treat for watching scary movies…although we really don’t watch scary movies. I hate being scared. I don’t know why people think it’s fun to be scared. I think we will stick to Monsters, Inc., The Witches, and Hocus Pocus…my kind of scary movies:)
If you are looking for a fun snack to munch on during movie night, game day, Halloween, or any old day, make our Sweet and Salty Marshmallow Popcorn. Beware, it won’t last long!
Sweet and Salty Marshmallow Popcorn
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 8 cups popped popcorn we use air popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 big marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup M&M's
- Place the popcorn and pretzels on a large baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup and cook until melted and combined. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Evenly pour the marshmallow caramel mixture over the popcorn and pretzels. Gently stir until the popcorn and pretzels are well coated. It will be sticky! Stir in the M&M's. Taste and season with additional salt, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to one week. The popcorn will stay sticky and soft!
- Note-if you need the recipe to be gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free pretzels. You can also use peanut M&M's or stir in peanuts!