Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Cashew Dipping Sauce-dip these baked sweet potato fries into the spicy cashew dipping sauce for a healthy appetizer or snack!
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We enjoyed celebrating with our boys and my family. We are still laying low and enjoying the holidays. I am trying not to work too much, but I have been whipping up a few tasty recipes for us to enjoy. When good food is involved, it does’t feel like work:)
I finally took a break from cookies and made a savory recipe! I was going to wait until the new year to share these Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Cashew Dipping Sauce, but I thought you might want to make them to celebrate New Years. They are SO good!
Sweet potato fries are probably in my top 10 favorite foods of all time. I make baked sweet potato fries almost every week because I love them and so do our boys.
The fries are so easy to make too! I always make a big pan because they never last long at our house, especially when I make spicy cashew dipping sauce to go on the side.
To make the dipping sauce, I blend soaked cashews, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, Sriracha sauce, and Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk Cashewmilk. The sauce creamy, packed with flavor, and has a nice little kick. You can make it a little spicy or a lot spicy. I keep it on the medium side so our boys can dip with me. Dipping is their favorite part:) And our boys can actually handle more spice than me. I guess I am the wimp in the family:)
If you need an easy appetizer for your New Year’s Eve party, make my Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Cashew Dipping Sauce. They are also a great healthy snack for the new year! I know some of you are already thinking about healthy eating, well, these fries are healthy so eat up! They are gluten-free and vegan!
And some fun news, Almond Breeze is running an “Imagine the Blendabilities”contest in support of their new Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. Head on over to tell us what you would make with Almond Breeze’s new Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend to enter for a chance to win a kitchen prize pack and get cost-saving coupons (while supplies last).
I’m one of the judges, so if your recipe idea is selected, you’ll see the recipe I create based on your idea right here on Two Peas and Their Pod! Stay tuned!
Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Cashew Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
For the fries:
- 3 sweet potatoes washed and cut into fries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the spicy cashew dipping sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight or for at least 5 hours
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 heaping tablespoons cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 6-7 tablespoons Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk Cashewmilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place sweet potato fries on two large baking sheets. Drizzle evenly with olive oil and toss until fries are well coated. Spread the fries out so they are not touching. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake until tender and crisp, turning once, about 35 minutes total.
- While the fries are baking, make the cashew sauce. Drain the soaked cashews. In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and Sriracha sauce. With the machine running, slowly add the milk until blended and creamy. Additional milk may be needed to reach desired consistency. Taste and season with more salt, if necessary.
- Serve warm sweet potato fries with spicy cashew sauce.
Note - add less or more Sriracha, depending on how spicy you want your sauce. You can make the sauce in advance. Store the sauce covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Stir before serving.
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, but our opinions are our own.