Sweet Potato Hummus-simple sweet potato hummus with roasted garlic, rosemary, feta cheese, and pomegranate seeds. This is the perfect holiday appetizer!
This post is in partnership with Kettle Brand Potato Chips
Are you celebrating Friendsgiving this year? We are all about Friendsgiving since our families don’t live in Utah. Plus, it’s an excuse to have a Thanksgiving meal before the big day. Two Thanksgiving meals are always better than one, especially when shared with friends.
If you are looking for an easy appetizer to share with your friends at Friendsgiving, make my easy Sweet Potato Hummus. It is the perfect holiday appetizer.
Hummus is a staple at our house and this sweet potato hummus is our favorite fall hummus. The sweet potato will surprise you. It is the perfect addition to classic hummus. I also add roasted garlic and rosemary for a boost of flavor. For presentation points, I add crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and a fresh sprig of rosemary before serving. Don’t skip this step. The garnish makes the hummus extra tasty and beautiful!
I love serving this Sweet Potato Hummus before the big feast because it is easy to make and everyone loves a good dip. Friends can gather around and dip while they talk, laugh, and anticipate the big meal.
You can serve the Sweet Potato Hummus with your favorite Kettle Brand Chips, bring several bags so your friends can choose their favorite. You can never have too many chips! I used Kettle Brand’s Baked Olive Oil Chips and they were so good with the hummus.
Hosting a Friendsgiving? Join Kettle Brand, and make it a Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry & help end childhood hunger while you’re at it! Visit the site for more details.
Get your friends together and make this Sweet Potato Hummus for Friendsgiving! It is the perfect way to start your holiday meal.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic plus 1 teaspoon olive oil for roasting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese pomegranate arils, and fresh rosemary sprig, for garnish
- Kettle Brand Chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce in several places with a fork. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- Trim about ¼ inch off the top of the garlic cloves. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the the garlic and wrap the garlic in aluminum foil. Place on the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and starting to ooze. Remove the garlic at 45 minutes. When the potatoes are soft, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- When the potatoes are cool, remove the skin. Remove the garlic cloves from the foil and remove the skin. Place the sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper into a food processor. Blend until smooth. You might have to scrape down the sides and blend again. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Spoon sweet potato hummus in a bowl. Garnish with feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and a sprig of rosemary. Serve with chips.
- Note-you can roast the sweet potatoes and garlic a day in advance. Keep in the refrigerator in a Ziploc bag until ready to use. You can also make the hummus a day in advance, just wait to garnish until ready to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod