Sweet Potato, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata-this easy one skillet vegetarian frittata is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Halloween is next week. Do you have your costumes and candy ready? Our boys pick out our costumes every year and they are always interesting…this year included:) You will have to wait until Halloween to see them.
I am always in charge of picking out the candy and I am torn on what to buy this year. Do I buy candy I love so I can eat it or do I buy candy I don’t like so I won’t eat it? Decisions, decisions! Don’t worry, we won’t be the house giving out Dots or those peanut butter kisses in the orange and black wrappers. Do you remember those? I always tried to trade those candies with my brother and sister, but they didn’t want them either. What candy are you passing out this year?
To balance out all of the sweets, you should make this savory Sweet Potato, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata. It has been on regular rotation at our house and I think you will love it too.
I really don’t like plain eggs, but I love them when they are loaded with veggies. This frittata has sweet potatoes, kale, and red onion.
I also add garlic, goat cheese, fresh rosemary, and a pinch of nutmeg. The flavors are crazy good and perfect for fall.
The frittata is made in ONE skillet. It starts on the stove and finishes up in the oven.
This frittata is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It also reheats well, so put the leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
This one skillet Sweet Potato, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata is one of those fall recipes that you will keep coming back to! It’s a staple in our house! And I will for sure be making it next week to balance out the Halloween candy. I bet I will end up buying my favorite candy or stealing it from Caleb and Maxwell’s stash:)
Sweet Potato, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cups chopped kale ribs removed
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat, preferably a cast iron skillet. Add the olive oil and heat until hot. Add the sweet potato and onion and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary, and kale and cook until kale is wilted. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Remove half of the mixture from the pan and set aside. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, over the sweet potatoes, kale, onion, and garlic. Add the reserved mixture back to the pan, making sure you evenly spread out the ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just set. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are firm and edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod