Three Cheese Skillet Nachos-these skillet nachos are loaded with three kinds of cheese: Cheddar, Pepper Jack and Queso Fresco! They also have all of your favorite nacho toppings! These nachos are great for game day or any day!
Are you ready for some football? We watch a lot of football at our house and you can’t watch a game without good food! Josh is usually in charge of making our football munchies and one of his go to snacks are these Three Cheese Skillet Nachos. They are loaded with three kinds of cheese and all of the traditional nacho toppings!
And if you aren’t a football fan, you should pretend you are just so you can eat some nachos. Once you get your nacho fix, you can turn off the game:) ha! Just kidding, you can enjoy these nachos any day, not just on game day. These nachos are good with or without football!
Josh makes these nachos in a cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet you can use a baking sheet pan. Josh uses three kinds of cheese: Cheddar, Pepper Jack, and Queso Fresco. He layers the cheese in between tortilla chips so every chip gets a healthy dose of cheese. No chips are left behind. These nachos are extra cheesy!
He also adds black beans, green onion, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeño slices, black olives, and sour cream. He doesn’t mess around. These nachos are killer!
If you are looking for an easy and cheesy game day snack, make Josh’s Three Cheese Skillet Nachos! They will make football season extra fun! And remember, if you aren’t a football fan, you can enjoy these nachos any day! Every day is a good day for nachos:)
Three Cheese Skillet Nachos
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- Tortilla chips enough to fill your skillet (about 7 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans from can rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese
- Optional Toppings: Diced tomatoes Black olives, Chopped avocado, Chopped cilantro, Jalapeño, cut into slices, Chopped green onion, Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place half of the tortilla chips into a cast iron skillet. Layer half of the cheddar and pepper jack cheese over the chips. Top with half of the beans. Add the remaining chips, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, and beans.
- Place skillet in oven and Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with Queso Fresco cheese. Add additional toppings of your choice! We love diced tomatoes, black olives, avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion, and sour cream. Serve warm!
- Note-if you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can make these nachos on a large baking sheet.