Vanilla Almond Cupcakes-tender and moist vanilla almond cupcakes topped with creamy vanilla almond frosting. These elegant cupcakes are perfect for weddings, showers, or parties.
I love this time of year because everyone comes out of winter hibernation and is ready to party! Tis the season for weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, graduation parties, Mother’s Day, picnics, and BBQ’s . It is the ultimate party season!
You can’t have a party without dessert and today I am sharing the perfect dessert for all of your spring and summer parties. These Vanilla Almond Cupcakes are the perfect party dessert, no matter the occasion! They are easy to make, easy to transport, and pretty to serve!
I am usually a chocolate cupcake kind of gal, but I recently made these Vanilla Almond Cupcakes for a party and wasn’t planning on eating them myself. Well, I tasted one for quality control and I instantly fell in love. I still served them at the party, but I hid a few for me:) They are my new favorite cupcake!
The cupcakes are light, tender, and have the perfect amount of vanilla and almond! I used Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla in the cupcakes and in the buttercream frosting, along with vanilla and almond extract. The vanilla and almond combo is perfection! Who knew a plain and simple cupcake could be SO good?
I was pleased with how pretty my cupcakes turned out. I was happy to share them with friends since I knew I had a few hiding in the kitchen for later:) It would have been sad to end the party and have no cupcakes left. My secret stash came in handy! I kicked off my heels, ok, flats…I don’t wear heels, and enjoyed a Vanilla Almond Cupcake. I savoured every single bite!
If you are looking for the perfect party cupcake, you have to make Vanilla Almond Cupcakes. They will be the star of the dessert table! They are elegant, classy, timeless, and delicous…the most important part!
And don’t forget that Sunday is Mother’s Day! I am sure any mom would love to be spoiled with these cupcakes!
Vanilla Almond Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan (12 cups) with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and lightened in color. This will take about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs one at at time, beating after each addition. Stir in the extracts.
- Add the flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until flour is just incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy. With the mixer on low, add 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until all of the powdered sugar is added. Beat in the milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Beat until smooth.
- Place the frosting in a pastry bag and frost. I used the 1M Wilton tip. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve!
- Note-Frosting can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Let it come to room temperature and beat briefly before using. You can store the finished cupcakes in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Let the cupcakes come to room temperature before serving. They are best the day they are made.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, but our opinions are our own.