Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins – whole wheat vegan banana muffins dotted with blueberries. These vegan blueberry muffins are great for breakfast, snack time, and they freeze beautifully!
Banana Blueberry Muffins
After the busy holiday season, I took a few days off from baking. My break didn’t last long because Caleb begged me to bake banana muffins for breakfast. I can never say no to his cute little face so I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of brown bananas. I love that most stores sell overripe bananas at a discount! They can always count on me to buy them! I came home and got busy in the kitchen! I granted Caleb’s wish and made Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins!
Healthy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
I don’t mind making these muffins for Caleb because they are easy to whip up and they are a healthy-ish breakfast treat. I use whole wheat flour, coconut oil, almond milk, mashed bananas, and blueberries. Caleb has no clue these vegan blueberry muffins are on the healthy side because they taste so good! They are a great breakfast treat for kiddos and adults. I don’t mind making them for Caleb so I can steal one or two:)
Banana Blueberry Muffins for Now and Later
These vegan blueberry muffins freeze beautifully, which is another bonus. We usually eat a few when I pull them out of the oven…it is too hard to resist a fresh, warm muffin. I try to save the rest for the freezer so I can give Caleb a banana blueberry muffin when he asks for one, which is just about every day! To defrost, pop a muffin in the microwave for 30 seconds and you are good to go!
If you are looking for a healthy breakfast treat, give these Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins a try! They are a favorite at our house.
Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas about 1 ¾ cup mashed
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins before baking, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Place the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature.
- Note-these muffins freeze well. To reheat, place muffin in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!