Watermelon Feta Guacamole-this refreshing and flavorful guacamole recipe is perfect for summertime!
I have been craving watermelon like mad. It is all I want to eat. Josh is constantly telling me I can’t live on watermelon alone. I know he is right, so I try to eat other foods to make him and the baby happy. I am not giving up my watermelon though. I am just finding creative ways to eat it. I recently made Watermelon Feta Guacamole for an afternoon snack and I dominated the bowl! I let Josh have a few bites, but he knows to get out of my way when watermelon is involved. Plus, he was happy I branched out from my regular watermelon routine.
We always have a watermelon in our fridge. If we don’t, I go into major panic mode. So luckily, when I got home from Austin there was a ripe watermelon waiting for me. I made Watermelon Feta Guacamole the day after I got back from my trip. I couldn’t wait, I had to try it!
The ingredients are fresh and simple: avocado, watermelon, feta cheese, jalapeño, cilantro, lime, and red onion. Combine everything in a bowl, add a little salt and pepper, and you are good to go!
You end up with a beautiful bowl of guacamole that screams summer!
This Watermelon Feta Guacamole, is the perfect summer appetizer and snack! I know I will be eating it by the bowl all summer long!
Watermelon Feta Guacamole
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency.
- Add the cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, feta cheese, watermelon, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.