Watermelon Feta Guacamole-this refreshing and flavorful guacamole recipe is perfect for summertime!
I have been craving watermelon like mad. It is all I want to eat. Josh is constantly telling me I can’t live on watermelon alone. I know he is right, so I try to eat other foods to make him and the baby happy. I am not giving up my watermelon though. I am just finding creative ways to eat it. I recently made Watermelon Feta Guacamole for an afternoon snack and I dominated the bowl! I let Josh have a few bites, but he knows to get out of my way when watermelon is involved. Plus, he was happy I branched out from my regular watermelon routine.
We always have a watermelon in our fridge. If we don’t, I go into major panic mode. So luckily, when I got home from Austin there was a ripe watermelon waiting for me. I made Watermelon Feta Guacamole the day after I got back from my trip. I couldn’t wait, I had to try it!
The ingredients are fresh and simple: avocado, watermelon, feta cheese, jalapeño, cilantro, lime, and red onion. Combine everything in a bowl, add a little salt and pepper, and you are good to go!
You end up with a beautiful bowl of guacamole that screams summer!
This Watermelon Feta Guacamole, is the perfect summer appetizer and snack! I know I will be eating it by the bowl all summer long!
Watermelon Feta Guacamole
- 3 large ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency.
- Add the cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, feta cheese, watermelon, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod