Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies-these healthy cookies are a favorite in our house. They are good right out of the oven or eaten frozen.
It’s back to school time. Are you excited or dreading the new school year? I love this time of year, probably because I am not in school anymore, ha! I love seeing all of the school supplies in stores. It makes me giddy. I love notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, and fun lunch boxes. Oh, and Trapper Keepers, do they still make those? If so, I am getting one.
If school supplies don’t make you excited about the new school year, maybe these Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies will. They are the perfect lunch box treat or after school snack. Heck, they are healthy enough you can even eat them for breakfast. A little chocolate for breakfast is ok in my book. It’s dark chocolate so you can even eat two:)
I love making these cookies because they are a healthier treat and our boys love them. To make the cookies, I use white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, banana, coconut, oats, and dark chocolate chunks. The cookies are hearty and full of goodness!
Add one of these healthy cookies to your kids’ lunch box or let them enjoy a cookie while they do their homework after school. These cookies are sure to make homework time A LOT better.
Our boys can’t keep their hands off of these cookies! I have to hide them from them in the freezer, it is my secret stash.
FYI-the cookies are SO good frozen! While the kids are in school, you should eat a frozen cookie and enjoy every single bite in silence. See, this back to school business isn’t so bad! Cookies and quiet time, I likey!
Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a great back to school or anytime treat! Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 20 cookies
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine the banana, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Beat until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chunks.
- Form the cookie dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2-inches apart. Gently press the balls down with the palm of your hand. Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-if you don't have coconut sugar, you can use brown sugar. The coconut oil should be soft, but not melted. Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. They will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. I love them frozen!