Wake up to a stack of Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes! The best way to start the day!
I’ve always been a morning person. I love waking up early to get my day going. During the summer, I was waking up around 5:30 to go running outside. Well, within the past couple of weeks my morning light has disappeared and the mornings have become chilly. I don’t like to run in the dark by myself, so I have been using our elliptical or waiting to run a little later.
The other day I was waiting to go on my run and decided to make breakfast with my boys. Caleb asked for pancakes so we made Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes and watched Curious George.
Blueberry pancakes are always a favorite. You can’t go wrong by adding plump juicy blueberries to whole wheat pancake batter!
I made these pancakes even better by adding NatureBox’s Wild Blueberry Flax Granola. We love snacking on the granola or eating it with yogurt, so why not add it to pancakes? Best decision ever!
The granola added flavor and a slight crunch to the pancakes. I wanted to eat that big stack of pancakes all by myself!
Luckily, my boys helped me eat them! We topped the pancakes with butter, maple syrup, extra blueberries and granola.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes were the perfect way to start the day. Plus, they gave me lots of energy to go on my mid-morning run! It was a win-win kind of morning!
We made a big batch so we could put some pancakes in the freezer. Caleb asks for blueberry pancakes almost every day and now he can have them without any work!
I highly recommend you try the Wild Blueberry Flax Granola so you can make these incredible Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes! They are all kinds of awesome!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup granola
- Butter and maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Gently stir in the blueberries and granola. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a ¼ cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure-this post is sponsored by NatureBox, but our opinions are our own.
Can I substitute something in place of the canola oil?
Yes, melted coconut oil works well or you can even use melted butter!
I made these pancakes this weekend and they were delicious! Of course I love all of your pancake recipes. I added the granola, but they would still be perfect without. This is going to be my basic pancake recipe now. I didn’t have buttermilk, so i used 1 cup plain yogurt and 1 cup milk and it worked great. Thanks for the amazing recipe!
I agree with Katrina! I had never thought to add granola- that is a great idea!
See More Comments