It is a whirlwhind week for us. We got back from Illinois last night and picked up our dear friend Helene (Tartelette) at the airport. She is teaching a food photography and food styling workshop in Salt Lake City today. I am so excited! Tomorrow we are going to the EVO Conference in Park City. It is a busy week, but a fun one. I don’t even have to unpack from our trip:) Last week, before our travel madness began, Josh woke up early and made me Whole Wheat Raspberry & Mango Pancakes for breakfast. It was a nice and tasty surprise.
I haven’t had that many weird cravings during my pregnancy, but I have been enjoying pancakes on a regular basis. They always taste good to me. Josh knows whole wheat pancakes are my favorite, so he whipped up a basic whole wheat buttermilk pancake base. He then added plump raspberries and juicy mango chunks to the pancake batter. Great move on his part. The fruit really made these pancakes special.
Josh walked into our bedroom with a plate of steaming hot pancakes and I immediately woke up with a smile. He served the pancakes with a little maple syrup and extra raspberries and mango chunks. I devoured the pancakes. Josh did a fantastic job. It was nice being pampered with a special breakfast in bed. I really have the best husband.
This week is going to be crazy busy for us, but as soon as life calms down, I am requesting Whole Wheat Rapsberry & Mango Pancakes. I can’t wait to eat these again! They were exceptional!
If you are going to be at the EVO Conference, make sure you say hello! You can’t miss the baby bump:)
Whole Wheat Raspberry & Mango Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup freshly chopped mango
- Maple syrup and extra fruit for serving-optional
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2. In a large glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, canola oil, egg , and vanilla extract.
- 3. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined. Don't over mix. Gently fold in the raspberries and mango chunks.
- 4. Heat a griddle pan or non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are lightly browned.
- 5. Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and extra raspberries and mango chunks, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Whole Wheat Raspberry & Mango Pancakes, you might also like:
- Oatmeal-Raspberry Pancakes from A Whisk & A Spoon
- Banana Berry Pancakes from We are Not Martha
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce from Two Peas and Their Pod