Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
You can't go wrong with this classic pizza! It's a favorite at our house!
Servings: 1 large pizza
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough or store bought pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes sliced
- alt and black pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil chopped
- DeLallo's Balsamic Glaze you can also make a balsamic reduction
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If using refrigerated pizza dough, remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to come to room temperature while oven preheats.
Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll pizza dough out into a circle. Make a thicker crust along edges of pizza. Brush olive oil evenly over the dough. Arrange mozzarella slices evenly over dough and top with sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle basil over pizza. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut into slices and serve warm.