I have some good news to share; our blog now has its own domain name! We are a .COM! If you type in our old link you will be automatically directed to our blog, but to be safe please update your RSS feeds, bookmarks, links, etc. to: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com.
I also added a printer friendly button below each post. Printing our recipes is a lot easier and much better for the environment now! Thanks to all of our followers! You are the best!
It is zucchini season! We didn’t plant any this year, but luckily friends and neighbors are sharing the wealth. I am glad because I love baking with zucchini. Last week I made a loaf of zucchini bread. I played around with my old recipe-this time I used whole wheat flour, applesauce, and added in dried cranberries. I also sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the loaf before going into the oven.
I loved the finished product. The bread was very moist and the dried cranberries added a nice sweetness. The cinnamon sugar crust gave the bread a nice texture too. If you don’t know what to do with your zucchini, give this bread a try. It is excellent!
I am out of zucchini now, so if anyone wants to share, let me know:)
Zucchini Bread with Dried Cranberries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Fresh ground nutmeg-I didn’t measure just a bit
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cinnamon/Sugar to sprinkle on top
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside. Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater (to yield 1 ¾ cups); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
- 2. Into a small bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well. Stir in grated zucchini and dried cranberries.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture-if you wish. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack, then reinvert, top side up. Cool completely before slicing.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod