Greek Yogurt Biscuits
Greek Yogurt Biscuits-fluffy and tender biscuits that are made with Greek yogurt!
Do you want to know what I loving right now? Biscuits. That’s right, biscuits. Josh made homemade Greek Yogurt Biscuits the other day and I am in love. I can’t stop thinking about them. We’ve made a lot of biscuits in our lifetime and they are all winners, but these Greek Yogurt Biscuits are perfection. Trust me, I know, I ate two of them. I had to make sure they were perfect.
You need to make these biscuits…like right now.
Josh told me he wanted to make biscuits and he looked like he knew what he was doing so I got out of the way. I didn’t go too far though because I wanted to be around when he pulled them out of the oven:)
Josh used Gold Medal All-Purpose Organic Flour. The flour is certified organic, unbleached, enriched and pre-sifted. It is the perfect flour for the perfect biscuit recipe! We love this flour!
Josh used plain Greek yogurt instead of the traditional buttermilk to make the biscuits. We didn’t have any buttermilk, but our fridge was stocked with Greek yogurt, so Josh gave it a try! Best decision ever! The Greek yogurt created a tender and flaky biscuit!
The biscuits puffed up nicely in the oven! Look at that height! I couldn’t wait to tear into a biscuit!
Josh got out the butter and honey and we went to biscuit town!
A hot flaky biscuit, right out of the oven, slathered with butter and drizzled with honey…is there anything better in life? I don’t think so!
Josh and Caleb enjoyed their biscuits with Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, but I just ate biscuits for dinner. I didn’t need anything else. I was in biscuit heaven!
Greek Yogurt Biscuits-make them happen and make them happen soon! I am requesting them for dinner this week! They go great with any meal…or if you want them to be your meal, I’m ok with that!
And if you are looking for another side dish for your Thanksgiving feast, invite Greek Yogurt Biscuits to your table. You won’t be disappointed!
Greek Yogurt Biscuits
Tender, flaky, and buttery biscuits that are made with a secret ingredient-Greek yogurt! These are our favorite biscuits!
Yield: 8 large biscuits
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
3 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Organic Flour
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup cold plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons cold water
1 large egg, beaten, for brushing on biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter, using your fingers or a pastry cutter. Work the dough until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, egg, and water. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring until dough barely comes together. Dump the mixture on lightly floured counter and knead until the dough comes together. Don't overwork the dough.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into 2×2-inch squares. Combine dough scraps and roll out again to make remaining biscuits.
5. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm with butter, honey, or jam!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own.