Heart Pancakes-these easy, whole wheat heart shaped pancakes are the perfect pancakes for Valentine’s Day or any day!
Valentine’s Day is on Sunday and that means we will be able to sleep in and enjoy a nice, romantic breakfast in bed! Ha, let’s be realistic, we have a 4-year old and an 18-month old who love to wake up early, so breakfast in bed probably won’t happen, but we can make a special Valentine’s breakfast as a family!
We are going to celebrate with Heart Pancakes. The pancakes are simple to make and our boys love them! We are going to have one big pancake party!
These whole wheat heart pancakes are light, fluffy, and easy to whip up! The boys love helping us make them, mainly because they are made with Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt, their new favorite yogurt!
Caleb is a great helper, he usually helps us measure and stir, but Maxwell is not very patient. He just wants to eat the yogurt:) He eats while we cook!
Annie’s new yogurt is free from artificial flavors, synthetic colors, preservatives, and made with organic whole milk from cows not treated with antibiotics, synthetic hormones or exposure to persistent pesticides. It’s even made with real fruit! I love the clean label and our boys love the bunny on the label and the taste. A win-win for everyone:)
To make the heart shapes, we use a heart shaped cookie cutter. The hearts come out perfect every time. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can get artistic and make free form hearts, either way the heart pancakes will be delicious because they are made with love:)
For Valentine’s Day, we like to top the pancakes with heart shaped strawberries, a little heart shaped butter, and pure maple syrup. A breakfast filled with loooooove!
I am looking forward to Valentine’s Day so I can enjoy these cute Heart Pancakes with my favorite boys. The best way to celebrate the day of love!
These simple, whole wheat heart pancakes make the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Annie’s organic whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings-strawberries, butter, and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Spray the inside of a heart shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray. Place the cookie cutter on the griddle or pan and fill with about 1/4 cup of pancake batter. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove cookie cutter and flip carefully with a spatula. Cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone.
- Serve pancakes warm with strawberries, butter, and maple syrup, if desired.
Note-If you don’t have a heart shaped cookie cutter, you can pour or pipe the pancake batter into heart shapes. It’s ok if they aren’t perfect. These pancakes freeze well. Let them cool completely and then wrap in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and reheat in microwave or the toaster.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Annie’s, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.