Mini Eggnog Doughnut Muffins
I don’t like to listen to Christmas music or put the Christmas decorations up until after Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is over we can officially start celebrating Christmas. Bring on the Bing Crosby, Christmas lights, and candy canes. I spotted eggnog in the store the other day and bought a quart to help put us in the festive mood. I personally don’t like to drink eggnog, but I thought it would be fun to bake with it. To kick off the holiday season, I made Mini Eggnog Doughnut Muffins.
I’ve made doughnut muffins and baked donut holes a few times and they are always a hit. I figured eggnog doughnut muffins would be perfect for the holiday season. I added eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the muffin batter. When the doughnut muffins were finished baking, I dunked them into an eggnog glaze. The eggnog flavor isn’t overpowering, but you can definitely taste it. These eggnog muffins are perfect with a glass of milk, tea, or coffee. And if you really like eggnog, wash them down with a big swig of the creamy holiday drink.
I think these Mini Eggnog Doughnut Muffins would be perfect for a Christmas morning breakfast or brunch. They are easy to make and easy to eat. Be careful, the mini muffins are easy to pop into your mouth. I lost count after eating two:) Go buy some eggnog while it is in season and get baking! The holidays are here!
Mini Eggnog Doughnut Muffins
Yield: 48 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup eggnog
For the Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 cup eggnog
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 mini muffin pans or 1 regular muffin pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, canola oil, and sugars till smooth. Add the eggs, beating to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans, filling the cups nearly full. Bake the muffins for 10-12 minutes, or until they're a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven, and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
6. To make the glaze, combine butter, sugar, eggnog, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Dip the tops of each muffin into the glaze and let cool on a wire cooling rack until glaze sets up.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Mini Eggnog Doughnut Muffins, you might also like: