Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
I spend a lot of time feeding our baby during the day and night. To keep myself occupied during feedings, I keep my iPhone nearby. I check emails, look at Facebook, chat on Twitter, and browse Pinterest. I recently spotted a recipe for Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes on Pinterest and immediately “pinned” it to my “Fall Favorites” board. Josh absolutely loves donuts and you all know we are obsessed with pumpkin. It didn’t take me long to make Pumpkin Donut Holes.
Technically, the donut holes are mini muffins, but they look like and taste like donut holes. I love that the donut holes are baked and not fried. The donut holes are soft, cakey, and have a nice pumpkin spice flavor. The best part is the finish on the donut holes. When the donut holes come out of the oven, you dip them in butter and roll them in cinnamon and sugar. Talk about yum!
Josh devoured these pumpkin donut holes. He couldn’t stop popping them in his mouth. He washed them down with a cold glass of milk…and then went back for more:) These Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes are super easy to make and are perfect for a Fall breakfast treat or snack. Get out the pumpkin and make a batch today!
Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
You will love these easy baked pumpkin donuts! They are a fantastic fall treat!
Yield: 24 donut holes (mini muffins)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Donuts:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Coating:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. In a separate, large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins bake, melt butter in one bowl and combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes. Dip each muffin in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes, you might also like: