Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies and Apron Giveaway
This week on Make and Takes I shared my pumpkin oatmeal scotchies recipe. If you like regular oatmeal scotchies, you will love the pumpkin version. I personally think they are much better:) Pumpkin and butterscotch are the perfect combination for this fall cookie. Check out my post on Make and Takes and bake a batch this weekend.
Since it is Friday and we love our readers-we have a special treat for all of you-an apron giveway! I love aprons, not only do they keep me clean in the kitchen, but they make me look pretty too. Josh doesn’t have an apron, but maybe we should change that:) For details and to enter, head on over to our giveaway page! We will only count comments on the giveaway page. Good luck and Happy Friday!
*This Giveaway is now closed.*
Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Pumpkin oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips-a fall favorite!
1 1/4 cup cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add in pumpkin and mix until combined.
4. Slowly add in flour mixture. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.
5. Drop dough by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are set and golden. Remove cookies from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.