Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Today is the perfect day for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies. Fall is here! It was in the 90’s yesterday and today it is only in the 40’s. I had to get out my warm clothes out this morning. I am all bundled up!
These cookies are hearty, comforting, and perfect for fall. I used applesauce to replace some of the butter, so they are also healthier than your average cookie:)
I added in all of my favorites: cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, vanilla, diced apples, oatmeal, and cinnamon chips. Our house smelled fabulous while the cookies were baking. I tried one fresh out of the oven and immediately melted. The apple cinnamon cookies were soft, wholesome, and full of fall flavors.
If you are in need of some fall comfort, try these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies! Plus, an apple a day keeps the Dr. away-even in cookie form:)
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Pinch of fresh nutmeg
Pinch of all spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce
1 apple, diced (I used Granny Smith)
1 1/4 cup oats-not quick cooking
3/4 cup cinnamon chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, all spice, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
3. In the bowl of a mixer combine the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. With the mixer on low, add in the applesauce and diced apple. Mix until well combined.
5. On low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Don’t over mix. Mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
6. Stir in the oats and cinnamon chips. Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. When set, transfer them to a cooling rack.
If you like these cookies, you might also like: