Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Today is the perfect day for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies. Fall is here! It was in the 90’s yesterday and today it is only in the 40’s. I had to get out my warm clothes out this morning. I am all bundled up!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
The perfect cookie for fall!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 apples, peeled and diced (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butters and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add in the applesauce and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. When set, transfer them to a cooling rack.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!