Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com

We spent most of our Sunday watching football and the Golden Globes. I wanted a sweet treat, but was not in the mood to bake. Surprise, huh? :) I was going to make our Twix Caramel Popcorn, but didn’t have any Twix candy bars, so I made a batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn instead. So happy I found my stash of Reese’s:) This popcorn is divine-think caramel corn, but with a peanut butter honey coating instead of the caramel. Oh, and it gets better, I also added a drizzle of chocolate and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to the mix.  I was in sweet treat heaven with this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn!

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com Great for snacking or gift giving!

I love how easy this popcorn is to make. You don’t have to bake it in the oven, you just combine peanut butter, honey, sugar, and vanilla on the stove and cook it for a few minutes. You pour the hot peanut butter mixture over your popcorn and gently stir until all of the popcorn is coated. I spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet and drizzled it with chocolate. I let the popcorn sit for a whole five minutes, I couldn’t wait any longer for the chocolate to harden, then I added the mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

I filled a bowl with popcorn and munched away while I watched the end of the Golden Globes. Yes, I was indulging while watching all of those skinny actresses. I think some of them needed a bowl of my popcorn:) The popcorn is sweet, gooey, with a slightly salty kick. And just when you think the popcorn can’t get any better, you will get a handful with a Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-chocolate peanut butter bliss!

This popcorn is perfect for movie night, game day, or any day really. I know I could eat a big bowl every day:) I am going to make a big batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn for our Super Bowl party. I know it will be a hit!

Reese's Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Yield: About 8 cups

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Peanut butter popcorn with a drizzle of chocolate and Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. This sweet popcorn snack is perfect for movie night or game day.

8 cups plain popcorn (we use air-popped popcorn)
Fine salt
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

1. Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.

2. Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.

3. Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it's all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Notes:
We used air-popped popcorn, but you can use microwave popcorn or stovetop popcorn. If you can't find Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, you can chop up regular Peanut Butter Cups.

Adapted from The Kitchn

If you like this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn, you might also like:

149 Responses to “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn”

Monica — January 18, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

I made this with just the peanut butter sauce today. It was so yummy & a perfect treat for our snow day in the Seattle area!

HeatherChristo — January 18, 2012 @ 8:10 pm

Oh Maria! You hit all of my major weaknesses hear!

Joanne — January 18, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

I am SUCH a reese’s fiend. Like whoa. I can totally see why you opted out of baking in lieu of this!

Living The Sweet Life — January 18, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

:) this entire post has me going crazy craving this delight!! I want to make this SOOO bad, but I know – it will be big trouble when I do. Hmmm… sometimes, you just have to give into temptation ;)

thelittleloaf — January 19, 2012 @ 4:31 am

Amazing! I didn’t think your Twix popcorn could be beaten but I think you’ve just taken it to a whole new level :-) Peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate combination – throw in some caramel and crunchy popcorn and it’s total junk food heaven. Yum!

Jessica — January 19, 2012 @ 7:20 am

You need to start selling this in those giant popcorn tins people give out at the holidays. I would but like…30 cans….all for myself. :-D

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — January 19, 2012 @ 8:36 am

Sweet, salty and crunchy… holy cow, this should be illegal!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — January 19, 2012 @ 8:52 am

You are such a trouble maker! How can I possibly resist?

What a yummy snack. I love the combo of chocolate and PB!

Mercedes — January 19, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Why did you have to do this to me??? You have combined two of my absolute favorite things! Looks deliciously addicting!

marla {family fresh cooking} — January 19, 2012 @ 11:45 am

Girl, such decadent & fabulous popcorn!! Loving those mini Reeses :)

aida mollenkamp — January 19, 2012 @ 11:52 am

Oh my goodness, my niece and nephew will love me forever if I make them this!

When they came out with those reeces minis I felt like my life had been made complete. They have the perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Delicious!

Really?! I LOVE popcorn just as popcorn, but then you went and did this! WOW!!

Heather Likes Food — January 19, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

What a great idea to use mini reeses cups! Love it!

Kim in MD — January 19, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

Wow…this popcorn has everything I love in a sweet, salty snack! Genius, I say, genius!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 19, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

This would be so fun to eat during a movie!

Chris @ TheKeenanCookbook — January 19, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

I’m not much of a popcorn fan but I could totally dig into some of this

19. Pingback: Sweets for Superbowl 2012 – DessertedPlanet.com

Allison @Alli n Son — January 19, 2012 @ 10:12 pm

I should not be reading this late at night when my sweet tooth is in overdrive. Amazing!

Hayley — January 20, 2012 @ 12:13 am

Wow, this looks so yummy! I love those baby Reese’s but they’re so dangerously poppable; before you know it, the bag is gone.

Deborah — January 20, 2012 @ 12:31 am

This would be SO dangerous for me to be around!!

23. Pingback: Friday Favorites | Nikkilooch

Mirna — January 20, 2012 @ 6:40 am

You are my HERO… Caramel, Peanut Butter, Chocolate and salty popcorn… Seriously what can be better.

25. Pingback: Friday Favorites | Iowa Girl Eats

Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} — January 20, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

Oh my oh my! This looks like the most delicious thing E.V.E.R. Pinning this one for sure!

27. Pingback: The Weekend Dish: 1/21/2012 | Brown Eyed Baker

Johna — January 21, 2012 @ 6:58 am

I wonder if it’s sticky. I wonder if it would be better dried out in the oven like I do my caramel popcorn? (before drizzling the chocolate and adding the mini reese’s , of course….. what do you think?

beti — January 22, 2012 @ 12:11 am

this popcorn is way better than any other I have ever seen

Anne — January 22, 2012 @ 10:23 am

I made this yesterday and overall I think it turned out pretty well. I only melted 1/2 a cup of choco chips and it was plenty! Mine looked more drizzled than yours. Also, I had some trouble breaking up the clumps of popcorn after spreading it out onto the baking sheet so maybe I did something wrong? It’s not as crunchy as I thought it would be. It’s good and I may try it again for the Superbowl. Thanks!

• Two Peas replied: — January 22nd, 2012 @ 10:29 am

The popcorn is soft because you don’t bake it. It is like a soft caramel corn.

MikeVFMK — January 22, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

I remember years ago my mom taking chocolate from the theatre and adding it to popcorn. I thought she was nuts. Now, I realize it`s a great combo. And these peanut butter cups takes that up a notch. I`m craving this now!

32. Pingback: Web Weekend #1 « merricontrari

33. Pingback: snap crackle pop | she cooks, he eats

34. Pingback: Powder and Recipes | jewelsincolorado

Amber, RD — January 23, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

I got a tin of popcorn for Christmas that had a peanut butter/chocolate popcorn that was awesome! I am so excited to try this recipe because I think it will be even better!

Shari @ The Daily Dish — January 23, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

It’s like you read my mind. I made cookies and cream popcorn this weekend, and was just thinking that something with reese’s would be just as amazing. I believe I was right. This looks awesome!

Sugar Mama — January 29, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Can regular peanut butter be used in place of the natural pb?

• Two Peas replied: — January 29th, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

Yes, regular peanut butter will work. Enjoy!

38. Pingback: 15 (Mostly) Healthy Super Bowl (or Anytime) Party Bites | Mind Your Bees and Trees

39. Pingback: Friday Favorites-Recipe Roundup-(Superbowl Edition!) | mommysmenu

Kelcey — February 3, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

should this be made right before serving? or is it okay to make a day in advance?

• Two Peas replied: — February 3rd, 2012 @ 8:12 pm

You can make it in advance-maybe a day or two.