Every Fall we make caramel popcorn, it is a tradition in our house. Over the weekend we were hanging out at home with the baby and watching football. I thought it was the perfect day to bust out a batch of caramel corn, so I asked Josh if he could watch the baby while I went to work. Of course, he said yes:) I decided to surprise him by jazzing up our traditional caramel corn recipe. This time I made Twix Caramel Popcorn. (We love Twix candy bars, remember our Twix Caramel Brownies? Oh yeah!) I knew Josh would enjoy this sweet and crunchy snack.
I got out our trusty air popper to pop the popcorn. I love watching the kernels pop enthusiastically into the bowl, yes, I am a nerd:) Next, I made the caramel to drizzle over the popcorn. I baked the caramel popcorn for about an hour, stirring it every 15 minutes. When the popcorn was done baking, I let it cool completely before adding the goodies.
I chopped up Twix candy bars into bite size pieces and mixed them into the caramel popcorn. I also melted chocolate chips and drizzled chocolate over the top of the candy caramel corn. Josh came upstairs and his eyes about popped out of his head. He was delighted to see my Twix Caramel Popcorn creation. I told him the chocolate needed to cool before we ate the popcorn-yeah, that didn’t go over well. He immediately started munching…so I did too:)
If you are looking for a fun way to jazz up your caramel corn, try our Twix Caramel Popcorn. It is a great sweet snack for movie night, game day, and Halloween. I am going to make a big batch during the holidays to give away as gifts. Who wouldn’t want a bag of this decadent popcorn? And the best part-it is super easy to make, but looks oh so gourmet:)
Twix Caramel Popcorn
- 5 quarts plain air popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 "fun size" Twix candy bars chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips melted-to drizzle over popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat. Gently stir until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Place popcorn on two large shallow baking sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely.
- Break popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped Twix candy bars. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate. Let the popcorn sit until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Twix Caramel Popcorn, you might also like:
- Cinnabon Popcorn from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Chocolate Popcorn with Sea Salt from A Cozy Kitchen
- Snickers Popcorn from Cookies and Cups
- Cinnamon Sugar Caramel Popcorn from Two Peas and Their Pod
Wow best idea ever! Love the combination of popcorn and chocolate… this is ALMOST over the top!
Holy shit this looks good.
I just made this.
Now I have diabetes.
The caramel popcorn recipe for this popcorn is waaayyy different than your 2008 caramel popcorn recipe.
Which do you suggest for “plain” ole caramel popcorn?
– sorry…re-read and they’re not that different afterall…can’t wait to try it with and without the candy bars
This was a big hit on Halloween! Super yummy caramel corn.
Insanely adorable and delicious! Love the flavors in these! My boys would devour them quickly.
Mmmmmm…..yum. This looks totally amazing. I’m just starring at the screen looking at how delicious they look.
this is AWESOME!!! yummy. I can’t wait to try this! Pinned! so healthy!!!!!!!
That Twix Caramel Popcorn is so Instagrammable and adorable! As you know I made it a short while ago and it was lovely! Thanks for sharing guys!
Wow! It looks delicious. Thank you for Sharing
This has become an all time favourite of family and friends.
See More Comments