Thanksgiving Side: Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yams, and Brussels Sprouts with Fresh Rosemary
Do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned out yet? I will be sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes this week in case you need some last minute help:) I have mentioned before that I am not a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving foods, but don’t worry, I always come up with tasty things to eat:)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yams, and Brussels Sprouts with Fresh Rosemary
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
2 sweet potatoes (white flesh), peeled and cut into cubes
2 yams (orange flesh), peeled and cut into cubes
2 cups brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half
1 red onion, cut into big chunks
5 garlic cloves, peeled
Drizzle of olive oil
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Put the potatoes, yams, brussels sprouts, onion chunks, and garlic cloves in a large bowl.
3. Lightly drizzle the vegetables with olive oil. Stir until they are all coated.
4. Season the vegetables with the fresh rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir again.
5. On the large baking sheet, add the vegetables. Make sure they are laid out flat. Place the baking sheet in the hot oven.
6. Roast vegetables for about 40-45 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes or so. I like them a little crispy around the edges:)
7. I always remove the garlic cloves to serve, but if you want to eat them, go for it. Serve hot.