This and That
Josh is chiming in on this week’s addition of This and That!-note the “His” and “Hers” sections:) Enjoy!
1. I put together Caleb’s high chair and he was interested in the box, so I put him in it. He went nuts and played for about an hour.
2. I love the movie “Top Gun” and have always been interested in flying. I don’t have any interest in sky diving though. I saw this crazy sky diving story this week-check it out. You won’t find me sky diving anytime soon.
3. One of the reasons I love Salt Lake City is the access to all of the outdoor activities, especially mountain biking. I am excited for summer riding. I currently have this Specialized bike. I bought the frame and built the rest of the bike. I also have these Rims with an X-7 Groupo.
4. Caleb and I have been watching a lot of playoff NBA basketball. We are routing for Oklahoma City. I really mean we because Caleb really gets into it also. I say “Go O.K.C.” and he gets really excited, laughs and throws his hands up. It is great having a little buddy to watch sports with.
5. I heard a story on the radio about a man who was eating a grilled hamburger and got a piece of wire that had come off a wire cleaning brush pierce his esophagus and puncture a hole in his heart. Since then I have heard some other stories about pieces of wire brush being swallowed and doing physical harm. I cleaned our grill this week and checked to see if any wire pieces were left behind and I found some. I washed the grill and made sure there were no pieces left before I grilled up our chicken and veggies. So grilling frineds-pay attention to your grilling surfaces this summer. Just a little warning!
1. My good friend, Brittany, is the owner of the fabulous store, Bake It Pretty. Last week she invited us up to take a little tour of the warehouse. Oh. My. Word. I was like a little kid in a candy store! I wanted 100 of everything! Bake It Pretty also has the best selection of baking liners. So many fun colors and designs…and the mini ones are super cute. The variety packs of party straws are perfect for food bloggers:) I also fell in love with the milk bottles and their Best Ever Cupcake Icing Kit.
I can’t wait to use all of my new pretties for baking! And good news-you can shop Bake It Pretty online! Don’t blame me if you buy the entire store. I am warning you, you will want it ALL! Happy shopping:)
2. Adding this Free Form Vegetarian Lasagna to our dinner menu. Love it!
3. Who is watching So You Think You Can Dance? I’ve always been a fan of the show. I am not a dancer-I was a cheerleader in high school-no comments-ha!-but I’ve always enjoyed watching dance. And the auditions are always entertaining:)
4. I love these produce calendars that break down the seasonal availability of fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches-make them happen! You can thank me later:)
6. Love these free printable jar labels! Maybe someday I will print them and get organized:)
7. In one week we will be on a plane to Seattle for BlogHer Food. I’ve never been to Seattle-do you have any restaurant, bakery, or other recommendations for us? And if you are going to BHF, make sure you say hello! And yes, Caleb will be there too!