White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies
All of the special holiday treats are in the stores and I’m having too much fun baking. I posted Gingerbread Oreo Blondies earlier this week and now I give you White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies.
I found the White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s at Target, the store that makes me buy more than what’s on my list. I think Target has little invisible fairies that add things to my cart. When I get to the cash register I am always surprised by what’s in my cart. I am too embarrassed to take things back, so I always buy what the fairies put in my cart. I am glad they put White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s into my cart because they made some very tasty and festive cookies.
The M&M’s are good on their own, but even better in cookie form. Isn’t everything better in cookie form? I added crushed candy canes and white chocolate chips to the cookie dough too. These cookies are loaded with holiday cheer!
The cookies are soft with a slight refreshing crunch from the candy canes. The White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s add a big pop of color and are the stars of the cookies. When Josh saw the cookies he thought I made University of Utah Cookies-his alma mater. Their colors are red and white, so I guess they could be Ute cookies, but they really are Christmas cookies.
If you are out shopping and see a bag of White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s, let the fairies sneak a bag or two into your cart. You will thank them later. Especially if you make these White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies. They are a great holiday treat!
Don’t forget to enter our giveaways! We have a few going on right now: iMac & $500 Visa Gift Card Giveaway, Biscoff Cookie Giveaway, and Silpat Giveaway! Next week is filled with fun giveaways too, so stay tuned! Happy Holidays!
White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies
Cookies with White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's, candy canes, and white chocolate chips. These cookies are festive and perfect for the holiday season!
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
3 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the white chocolate chips, candy canes, and M&M's.
4. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
Note-a few people commented that they made these cookies and they were too puffy and a little dry. You can try reducing the flour to 2 1/2 cups if you have this problem. I used 3 cups of flour though and they were just fine.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies, you might also like:
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies from Taste and Tell
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies from Recipe Girl
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Chef in Training
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own. We love Gold Medal Flour. Check out our Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour. We just added a new video from our trip. Check it out!