Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze
Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze-this easy quick bread recipe is the perfect fall treat! The brown butter glaze is the perfect finishing touch to the spiced apple bread!
Remember those Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze that I made? Well, I used the leftover glaze to make this Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze. I knew there was a good reason I made extra glaze. I am obsessed! I was going to eat the rest by the spoonful, but luckily I stopped myself and made this apple bread. It is SO good and the apples help balance out the brown butter and sugar. It is “healthy-ish!” 🙂
I love this bread because it is a quick bread. No mixer or yeast required! And I got to use some apples I picked up at the farmers market. I am loving all things apple right now. Apple season is my favorite!
There is brown butter in the bread and in the glaze! Bring on the brown butter! I can’t stop, I won’t stop!
The bread is spiced with big chunks of juicy apples! It is good by itself, but the brown butter glaze takes the bread from good to AMAZING! I am calling it bread so I can eat it for breakfast and not feel guilty, but you can really serve this as a dessert. It is sweet and would be great with vanilla ice cream on the side. Why not? 🙂
Make the most of apple season and make this Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze. I am thinking I need to make another loaf this week!
Check out October’s Seasonal Produce Guide and get other seasonal recipes from a group of fabulous bloggers. Yay for fall!
Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze
Spiced apple bread with a sweet brown butter glaze! This apple bread is a must make for fall!
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
For the apple bread:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples, skin removed
For the brown butter glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until combined. Stir in the browned butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the apple chunks. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until loaf is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the brown butter glaze. In a small saucepan, melt the butter for the glaze over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, browned butter, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. If the glaze is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of milk.
- Generously spread glaze over the bread. Slice and enjoy!
Note-we like to use Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Gala apples. Use your favortie! You will have extra glaze. It will keep in the fridge for up to one week. It is good on just about everything, especially these pumpkin muffins:)
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!