Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze-this easy quick bread recipe is the perfect fall treat! The brown butter glaze is the perfect finishing touch to the spiced apple bread!
Remember those Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze that I made? Well, I used the leftover glaze to make this Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze. I knew there was a good reason I made extra glaze. I am obsessed! I was going to eat the rest by the spoonful, but luckily I stopped myself and made this apple bread. It is SO good and the apples help balance out the brown butter and sugar. It is “healthy-ish!” 🙂
I love this bread because it is a quick bread. No mixer or yeast required! And I got to use some apples I picked up at the farmers market. I am loving all things apple right now. Apple season is my favorite!
There is brown butter in the bread and in the glaze! Bring on the brown butter! I can’t stop, I won’t stop!
The bread is spiced with big chunks of juicy apples! It is good by itself, but the brown butter glaze takes the bread from good to AMAZING! I am calling it bread so I can eat it for breakfast and not feel guilty, but you can really serve this as a dessert. It is sweet and would be great with vanilla ice cream on the side. Why not? 🙂
Make the most of apple season and make this Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze. I am thinking I need to make another loaf this week!
Check out October’s Seasonal Produce Guide and get other seasonal recipes from a group of fabulous bloggers. Yay for fall!
Apple Bread with Brown Butter Glaze
For the apple bread:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples skin removed
For the brown butter glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until combined. Stir in the browned butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the apple chunks. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until loaf is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the brown butter glaze. In a small saucepan, melt the butter for the glaze over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, browned butter, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. If the glaze is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of milk.
- Generously spread glaze over the bread. Slice and enjoy!
- Note-we like to use Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Gala apples. Use your favortie! You will have extra glaze. It will keep in the fridge for up to one week. It is good on just about everything, especially these pumpkin muffins:)
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Yummy! But no more “His and Hers”? 🙁
We do the This and That posts every Thursday! We are still doing them:)
Gorgeous loaf! I could eat the whole thing! Love brown butter glaze! Pinning!
YUM. This is so my type of quick bread. I could literally put brown butter glaze on everything.
Lovely apple bread…..that glaze!!!
The recipe says melt the butter twice? Do you skip step 1 and melt the butter as the bread cools, or do you brown the butter twice??? Just confusing the way it is written out. Have to try this with smaller chunks of apples. I make applesauce brownies on the fall and this makes a good addition to my fall fare!
Right. There is brown butter in the bread and in the glaze. Melt the butter first for the bread and while the bread is baking make the glaze…with more brown butter!
Just look at all those apple chunks…YUM!
This fall cake looks amazing Maria!
That looks fantastic, Maria! I need to find a time to make this before apple season is over.
mmmmmm, I bet that glaze takes this bread completely over the top! yum!
I make a bunt cake that is a lot like this recipe and I use a Carmel glaze on it…so good!
I love the huge chunks of apple. So tasty.
Healthy-ish is good enough for me — bring on the glazed apple bread for breakfast, snacktime and dessert! 😉
Love those big apple chunks! Perfect for fall!
I am obsessed with this! I love the chunks of apple- totally inspired to make this vegan and GF!
This looks delicious! Love the big chunks of apples in here. And that glaze!!!!
Love baking with apples! This looks like it would be great for breakfast.
I have a slight obsession with brown butter right now. It just makes everything better! This bread looks oh so fantastic.
Ok! Thank you! Phew! I love your “This and That”, I am French and I am really interested in the way you live in the United States with your cuuuute family! But I don’t see them since September, they are not with the recipes anymore?
By the way I made the Muffin streusels with the glaze…it was delicious and addictive! 🙂
You can see all of our This and That posts here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/category/this-and-that/ They are on our On the Side page! Make sure you sign up for our email newsletter so you don’t miss a post!
Love the chock-full of apples in this!
This sounds so moist and delicious!! we made an apple coffee cake recently, I bet this glaze glaze would be tasty on that too!
Looks absolutely delicious! That glaze is calling out to me. Love the apple chunks 🙂
These look DELISH! Just pinned!
I love that you can actually SEE the apples, this looks incredible
Went apple picking two weeks ago and our fridge is still bursting with apples! This would put some of them to great use 🙂
Yum! I love sneaking brown butter into anything possible.
Seriously! I need a slice right now!!!! My apple spice candle isn’t cutting it!
My applesauce has sugar in it. Can I still use it?