Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze-the BEST pumpkin muffins you will ever eat. The pecan streusel and brown butter glaze send these muffins over the top!
You might need to sit down for this post. I am bringing you a muffin recipe that is out of control good. Like too good. I can’t even handle these Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze. They should be illegal in all fifty states.
The pumpkin muffins are tasty as plain and simple muffins, but do we do plain and simple around here? Nope! The muffins have a pecan streusel topping and a brown butter glaze that will send you to the moon and back! Do the muffins really need a streusel topping AND a glaze? You better believe it! Why not go all out? It is pumpkin season and that means there is no holding back. These pumpkin muffins are crazzzzzzy good!
Did you see Adam Levine on Jimmy Fallon? The video has gone viral. He did a few musical impressions and he rocked it! He sang “The Muffin Man” in his best Eddie Vedder voice, which I have to say was spot on! Well, Caleb heard us listening to the video and now sings “The Muffin Man” song all of the time. His Eddie Vedder is pretty good too:)
Every time he sings “The Muffin Man” I want to bake muffins. His singing made me make these pumpkin muffins:) You can thank Caleb for these pumpkin gems!
The pumpkin muffins are loaded with butter…so you know they are going to be good. There is brown butter in the muffin batter, butter in the streusel topping, AND a brown butter glaze gets drizzled over the muffin tops. Oh yeah, bring on the butter!
I really can’t tell you how good these muffins are, you just need to make them and see for yourself. The pumpkin muffins are perfection! I love the sweet and crunchy pecan streusel topping and the brown butter glaze is so good you will want to eat it by the spoonful. Note-you will have extra brown butter glaze, but that is ok. It will keep in the fridge for about a week and it is good on just about everything! Or you can dunk your muffins in the glaze if a drizzle is not enough. I won’t tell!
And these are technically muffins so you can eat them for breakfast, but they really are sweet enough to be dessert. They are good anytime of the day!
Get out the pumpkin and make these Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze. They are ridiculous…in a good kind of way!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out our favorite pumpkin recipes!
Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Brown Butter Glaze
For the muffins:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel topping:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the brown butter glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 or 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, browned butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter among lined muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full.
- To make the streusel, in a small bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Cut the butter into the mixture using your fingers until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Stir in the pecans and mix until combined. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over each unbaked muffin.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool to room temperature.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the brown butter glaze. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Pour butter into a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, browned butter, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. If the glaze is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of milk.
- Generously drizzle cooled muffins with glaze.
- Note-you will have extra brown butter glaze. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 1 week. It is good on just about everything:)
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Its Monday morning and having one of these babies would make my morning!!
Any muffins with pumpkin, crumb topping, and glaze are cool in my book!
I just made these using your recipe and they are amazing! My glaze did not come out as white as yours (browned the butter too much or not enough sugar?) but none the less taste great. Thanks for sharing.
Quick question– can I use this recipe to make a bread instead? Thanks!
I came across this post while looking for Eddie Vedder’s favorite food. 😀 (his 50th birthday is Tuesday and I want to celebrate!) I’ve watched that Muffin Man clip about 20 times and it’s AMAZING! Too bad Eddie, Adam, you and I can’t get together and eat these muffins. Because that would pretty much be the best thing ever. 😉 Caleb could come along, too, and sing. 😀
Made these today to celebrate the first day of Fall! Made these last year as well. My husband and I absolutely love them. Our favourite pumpkin recipe!
Wow. These are really good! I halved the recipe to make 6, and they came out perfect! Moist, and SO flavourful!!! Thank you!
These are a hit in my house!! Even my picky husband ate them!! Thank you for being so creative for the rest of us who don’t have time to be. I am so grateful for your recipes!
The Brown Butter Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are the best I have ever eaten. I’m in the process of tossing my other Pumpkin Muffins. These are excellent!! The ingredients, streusel and brown butter icing is tops! 5 star rating for sure!!
I forgot how good these were ! I bake so much I forget to go back and repeat recipes ! Maria’s cranberry bread is in heavy rotation. I think these babies are going back into rotation! Moist, flavorful! The browning of butter makes all the difference!
See More Comments