Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad-this healthy, gluten-free noodle dish is bright, colorful, and great served as a main dish or side dish.
Happy Monday! Yes, it is a happy Monday because today I am sharing a recipe for a bright and colorful Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad. Look at that beautiful salad. It is sure to cure any and all Monday blues. This salad is happiness in a bowl! It is the perfect salad for Meatless Monday or any day! It is great served as a main dish, I think I will make it for lunch today, or you can serve it as a side dish. It is the perfect party salad! Happiness in a bowl and a party in a bowl! This salad is everything!
Ali from Inspiralized inspired me to make this salad. Or should I say “inspiralized” me to make this salad? Ha!
Ali recently came out with a cookbook all about inspiralizing. What is inspiralizing? Inspiralizing is the art of transforming vegetables and fruits into noodles with the Inspiralizer.
Ali not only has a cookbook about inspiralizing, but she also came out with her own kitchen gadget! How cool! The Inspiralizer turns fruits and veggies into beautiful and healthy noodles in minutes! It is easy to use, easy to clean, and makes the coolest noodles. I was skeptical at first, because I’ve been making zucchini noodles and cucumber noodles with my mandoline. I didn’t think I needed another kitchen gadget. Well, I tried the Inspiralizer and now I am hooked! It is awesome! And it doesn’t take up that much room either. It is a MUST have kitchen gadget. I am going to turn everything I see into noodles:) Watch out!
And I know I will be making this Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad weekly, if not daily. It is my new favorite salad and perfect for spring and summer. The base of the salad is cucumber noodles. I turned a regular old cucumber into delicious noodles in a few minutes, thanks to my trusty Inspiralizer.
The salad is light, fresh, healthy, and gorgeous! The flavors are spot on and again, it just makes me happy. I love fueling my body with healthy food. A healthy body is a happy body!
Put your happy faces on, add a little skip to your step, sing a little song, do a little dance, and make this Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad. It is guaranteed happiness! This salad will turn any frown upside down:)
And make sure you check out Ali’s new cookbook and Inspiralizer. You need them both! Ali’s book has SO many fun ideas and recipes! I am officially addicted to inspiralizing! It’s a good addiction to have, join me:)
Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 large seedless English cucumber, spiralized (I used Blade C)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce or tamari, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, water, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber noodles, edamame, peppers, carrots, cabbage, and cilantro. Toss to combine. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
- Note-don't dress the salad until you are ready to eat or the cucumber noodles will turn slightly brown.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!