Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
Turn zucchini into noodles for a fun summer meal. Learn how cook “Zoodles” for a healthy pasta alternative, and use all that summer zucchini! Add fresh pesto to your zucchini pasta noodles for a simple and healthy dish that the entire family will love!
Easy Zucchini Pasta
I have another zucchini recipe for you today! I hope you are applauding with excitement and not rolling your eyes. I know I have been on a zucchini kick lately, Grilled Zucchini Nachos and Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, but tis the season for zucchini!
I think you will love this zucchini recipe, Zucchini Noodles with Pesto. It only takes 15 minutes to make and there is no cooking involved! This easy zucchini noodle recipe is great for lunch or dinner! It is a summer staple at our house.
How to Make Zoodles
Zucchini noodles, or “zoodles” aren’t hard to make. All you need is zucchini, which shouldn’t be a problem this time of year, and an Insprializer, mandoline or julienne peeler. Slice the zucchini into noodles so it looks like pasta. That is it! Zucchini pasta! Easy as pie…actually easier because pie really isn’t easy to make. I don’t know who came up with that saying.
I tossed the zucchini pasta noodles with some fresh basil pesto that I made the day before. I added a few cherry tomatoes from our garden and we had a fresh, healthy, and beautiful lunch…without breaking a sweat.
How to Cook Zoodles
We enjoyed the Zucchini Noodles with Pesto raw, but if you want to cook them, you can. Just add the zucchini pesto noodles to a skillet and sauté them up over medium heat. It only takes 1-2 minutes. Don’t over cook the zucchini noodles or they will be soft and mushy and you don’t want that. These zucchini noodles are good cold or hot. I like them both ways. I love eating leftover zucchini noodles cold, right from the fridge. They are also great for packing up for a summer picnic.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto, the perfect simple recipe for summertime when zucchini, tomatoes, and basil are growing like crazy in the garden! This easy and healthy recipe is a summer winner! You only need 15 minutes to make this recipe! YAY!
Make the most of zucchini season and go ZOODLES:)
If you like this zucchini noodle recipe, you might also like:
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette
- Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
Turn your zucchini into noodles and toss with fresh basil pesto. A fresh and healthy meal in minutes!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
- Use a julienne peeler or mandoline to slice the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto. Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated. Top with tomatoes, if using. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Note-if you want to cook the zucchini noodles, you can. Just add the zucchini pesto noodles to a skillet and sauté them up over medium heat. It only takes a few minutes.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!