Avocado Asparagus Toast-avocado toast with asparagus, peas, pistachios, and feta cheese. This simple spring toast is great as an appetizer, snack, or meal!
I bought our first bundle of asparagus of the season last week and I am hooked. I roasted asparagus for dinner and it was so good I went back to the store and bought a few more bundles. Asparagus has been on our menu almost every single day. I can’t get enough. I have been adding it to anything and everything. I made this Avocado Asparagus Toast for lunch and I know I will be lunching on it all spring long. It is my new favorite thing.
Avocado toast is my staple. I love the classic, but I am not afraid to mix things up. This Avocado Asparagus Toast is the perfect spring avocado toast. It has all of my favorite spring things!
I add a little fresh lemon juice and chopped chives to the avocado to freshen things up. I spread the mashed avocado onto whole wheat toast and then go crazy with spring toppings. I add asparagus, peas, chopped pistachios, and crumbled feta cheese. I finish things off with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
Look at that pretty toast! It screams spring and I LOVE the bright green color. Green is my favorite color so this toast makes me extra happy. Plus, it is healthy and delicious! I have been eating it for lunch, but it would also be good for breakfast, dinner, as a snack, or served as an appetizer! And it would be really good on St. Patrick’s Day! It is the perfect way to GO GREEN!
Put a little spring in your avocado toast and make Avocado Asparagus Toast! I am going to be eating this one all spring long!
Avocado Asparagus Toast
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 asparagus spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 slices whole wheat bread toasted (or gluten-free bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Make sure you stir the asparagus occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Spread mashed avocado on toasted bread slices. Add the asparagus, peas, pistachios, and feta cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.