Avocado Asparagus Toast-avocado toast with asparagus, peas, pistachios, and feta cheese. This simple spring toast is great as an appetizer, snack, or meal!
I bought our first bundle of asparagus of the season last week and I am hooked. I roasted asparagus for dinner and it was so good I went back to the store and bought a few more bundles. Asparagus has been on our menu almost every single day. I can’t get enough. I have been adding it to anything and everything. I made this Avocado Asparagus Toast for lunch and I know I will be lunching on it all spring long. It is my new favorite thing.
Avocado toast is my staple. I love the classic, but I am not afraid to mix things up. This Avocado Asparagus Toast is the perfect spring avocado toast. It has all of my favorite spring things!
I add a little fresh lemon juice and chopped chives to the avocado to freshen things up. I spread the mashed avocado onto whole wheat toast and then go crazy with spring toppings. I add asparagus, peas, chopped pistachios, and crumbled feta cheese. I finish things off with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
Look at that pretty toast! It screams spring and I LOVE the bright green color. Green is my favorite color so this toast makes me extra happy. Plus, it is healthy and delicious! I have been eating it for lunch, but it would also be good for breakfast, dinner, as a snack, or served as an appetizer! And it would be really good on St. Patrick’s Day! It is the perfect way to GO GREEN!
Put a little spring in your avocado toast and make Avocado Asparagus Toast! I am going to be eating this one all spring long!
Avocado Asparagus Toast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 asparagus spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup peas
- 2 slices whole wheat bread toasted (or gluten-free bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Make sure you stir the asparagus occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Spread mashed avocado on toasted bread slices. Add the asparagus, peas, pistachios, and feta cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod