Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes-this simple and healthy toast is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This post is in partnership with Kroger, but our opinions are our own.
I love trying new foods, flavors, and recipes, but I also love and appreciate the basics. You know, the foods you crave on a regular basis and the recipes you make over and over again. The classics, the staples, the every day good food. The food that feels like home.
A few of my standards include: oatmeal, peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches, cottage cheese with fruit, pasta, cereal, and Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes. These are my go-to’s! I never get tired of these foods and could eat them every single day…and most days I do! Sure, we love to cook and create new recipes, but you can’t beat the basics. What are your basics?
Today, I am sharing the recipe for my standard Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes. I eat this toast almost every single day of the week. No joke. It is the meal I turn to when I am in a hurry. It is the meal I turn to when I am lazy and tired. It is the meal I turn to when my boys are eating meat for dinner. It is the meal I turn to when I am craving simple, good food! It never gets old, it only gets better. I know I can always count on this toast to satisfy me. It never lets me down.
You only need 10 minutes tops to make this toast and a few quality ingredients. I use Private Selection’s Multigrain Artisan bread. It is hearty, wholesome, and a great base for my toast.
I top the toast with mashed avocado, sautéed spinach, scrambled egg whites, and tomato slices. I personally prefer scrambled egg whites over regular scrambled eggs, but either will work. I also love adding Everything Bagel Seasoning, it is easy to make at home!
And my tomatoes look pretty darn awesome for the winter months, huh? That is because I used Private Selection’s Campari Tomatoes on the vine. They are hydroponically grown and are perfectly ripe every time. I can always count on Smith’s for good tomatoes!
My toast is simple, but perfect. It is good morning, noon, or night…breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can’t go wrong!
Get back to the basics and make my Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes. It never disappoints.
Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 2 large egg whites or 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 slice Private Selection Multigrain bread toasted
- 1/2 avocado pit and skin removed
- 2 Private Selection Campari tomatoes sliced
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the spinach and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the pan again. Pour beaten egg whites or egg into the pan and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat until soft-scrambled, about 2 minutes.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and spread evenly on piece of toast. Top the avocado toast with spinach, scrambled eggs, and tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. You can also add everything bagel seasoning. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod