5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta-you only need 5 ingredients to make this amazing pasta dish! Add it to your dinner menu today!
Are you stressing about what to make for dinner tonight or maybe you haven’t even thought about dinner yet? Well, if you need a quick and easy dinner recipe, you have to make our 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta. It is hands down one of our all-time favorite meals. It is the meal we eat when we didn’t plan anything for dinner or when we are super busy and don’t have time or the desire to make an elaborate meal. It is also the recipe we make when we want plain, simple, GOOD food. Who says good food has to be complicated? You can make a delicious dinner with only five ingredients!
That’s right, there are only five ingredients needed to make this delicious pasta and chances are you have all of them in your kitchen right now! Go gather some butter, garlic, spinach, pasta, and Parmesan cheese. That is it! These five ingredients come together to create a tasty pasta dish!
We like to use whole wheat angel hair pasta because it cooks up in a jiffy, but any pasta will work. Use whatever you have in your pantry!
You can have this pasta dish on your table in 15 minutes! No joke! It is that easy. The flavors are simple, but oh so good! Sure, you can toss in other veggies or add some chicken, but the pasta is good as is! It doesn’t need any extras. Sometimes it is nice to just stick to simple.
And Caleb loves this one! He thinks it is fun to slurp up the noodles. I know it is frowned upon to slurp at the table, but I don’t care right now because he is enjoying dinnertime and even eating spinach! We will work on manners later:)
Don’t stress about dinner tonight, make our 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta! It is a winner!
5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 8 oz uncooked pasta we used whole wheat Capellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5-6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the pasta and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted. If the pasta starts to dry out, add in some of the reserved pasta water. We usually add about 1/3 cup. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Note-we like to use DeLallo's Whole Wheat Capellini (angel hair) pasta because it cooks quickly! Feel free to use your favorite pasta.