Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini-this easy appetizer is perfect for holiday parties! It takes 15 minutes to make and everyone loves it!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
The holidays are right around the corner and today I am sharing my “go to” appetizer. This easy Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini is SO easy and party goers always ooh and ahh over it. I always love watching my friends and family take a bite for the first time. It is one of those recipes where people close their eyes and say: wow, yum, mmmm, so good, amazing, and some even make weird noises, which is kind of awkward at a party, but this crostini is THAT good! And they love it even more when they find out how easy it is to make!
A few weeks ago, I went to Cincinnati for a blogging event with Kroger. We have been working with Kroger this year so it was fun to see the headquarters, meet with the Kroger team, and spend time with the other Kroger bloggers.
Kroger asked every blogger to prepare a recipe for a holiday meal. We all shopped, cooked, and ate together and it was so much fun. We used the new ClickList program to do our grocery shopping. We ordered our groceries online and then picked them up at the Kroger store.
For the holiday meal, I made my favorite Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini. I knew it would be a hit with the group!
So let’s talk about how easy this recipe is. I told you easy and I mean EASY. The appetizer starts with a baguette, but I don’t even have to slice it because I always buy the perfectly sliced baguette at Kroger (Smith’s in Utah). Next, I spread apple butter on the bread slices. I don’t make the apple butter, I totally cheat and use Private Selection Apple Butter. It is perfectly spiced and tastes amazing.
On top of the apple butter, I place slices of creamy Murray’s Cheese Brie. I place the crostini in the oven until the brie gets all melty and gooey. Remove from the oven and top with candied pecans and a drizzle of honey. At home, I use my homemade candied pecans because I always have them on hand, but at the event I used Private Selections candied pecans and they are really tasty! Kroger really does have everything!
At the event, I also tried Private Selection’s Vanilla and Nutmeg Infused Honey and oh my goodness! It was the perfect ending to my crostini. If you can’t find it, any honey will do, but that honey is amazing!
The Brie, Apple, and Honey was the perfect start to our holiday feast! Everyone loved it. And let me tell you, when a group of bloggers makes a holiday meal, you leave very full and very happy. I was amazed by all of the creative and delicious dishes. I wish we could make dinner together every night!
This easy Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini is the perfect holiday appetizer. It takes about 15 minutes to make and your guests will be raving about it until the next holiday season. Add it to your holiday menu NOW!
Make sure you also check out my BAKED BRIE RECIPE! It’s another winner!
Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 7 minutes
- Total Time
- 12 minutes
- 1 baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 jar Private Selection apple butter
- 6 ounces brie I use Murray's brie
- 2 large apples
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup candied pecans chopped
- Honey for drizzling over crostini
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. P
- Spread apple butter on one side of the baguette slices, about 1-2 teaspoons per slice. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet.
- Slice brie into thin slices and place on top of each crostini. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until brie is melted.
- While the crostini is in the oven, cut the apples into thin slices, removing the core. Squeeze lemon juice over the apple slices to keep them from browning.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top with apple slices. Sprinkle candied pecans evenly over the crostini and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.