Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Bars-I love everything about these cookie bars!
Today is my birthday and we are celebrating with my all-time favorite cookie bars, Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Bars. Most people eat cake on their birthday, but I eat cookies. I wouldn’t turn down a piece of birthday cake, but I always prefer cookies.
These cookie bars have all of my favorite things in one recipe-brown butter, chocolate, hazelnuts, and sea salt. I could easily eat the entire pan by myself…and I just might. It is my birthday and calories don’t count on birthdays…or when you are pregnant. So yeah, I am definitely eating the entire pan. Sorry, I was going to share with you, but you can make your own pan:)
I am 32 years old today! 32!! How did that happen? I love birthdays and I am not afraid of getting older. I actually think life improves with age. So bring it on 32! I am ready for you!
Today I am sharing my 32 birthday wishes. Yes, I get 32. It’s my birthday so I get to make up the rules and one wish isn’t enough! I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions, but I am making wishes for my year! My wishes aren’t in any particular order, I just hope they all come true:) They are a mixture of wishes, wants, goals, and desires!
3. More patience.
4. A healthy baby…preferably a boy! 🙂
5. Monthly dates with my husband.
6. Write letters to loved ones, letters not emails. Good old snail mail!
7. A trip to Hawaii.
8. Lots of laughter.
9. Tune into family and tune out social media (not completely, I just need to be better).
10. Meet Tim Riggings (Taylor Kitsch) 🙂
11. Write in my journal on a regular basis.
12. Have regular dance parties in the kitchen with Josh and Caleb. Caleb has sweet moves:)
13. Keep exercising…even when I am 9 months pregnant. Any exercise is better than no exercise!
14. Eat more cookies:)
15. Read a book every month.
16. Cook for fun! I cook A LOT for the blog, but I want to cook just for fun. I don’t want to take pictures of everything we eat.
17. A pair of Tieks 🙂
18. Sleep more. Hmmm…this one will be interesting with a new baby on the way:)
19. Say I love you more.
20. Read a bedtime story to Caleb every night…even if I am tired:)
21. Be more spontaneous.
22. Master my dad’s cinnamon rolls.
23. Entertain more often…and not stress about it:)
24. Go hiking with my family…when the snow melts.
25. Make homemade bread every week…or at least every other week!
26. Enjoy the little things in life.
27. Wear red lipstick.
28. Give thanks daily.
29. Be a better listener.
30. Do some canning this summer.
31. Print more pictures. I take a lot of pictures, but I am horrible about printing them for books and frames.
32. Take one day at a time and enjoy the journey!
I am looking forward to being 32! I have a feeling it’s going to be a GREAT year! It is already off to a fabulous start…you can’t go wrong with starting 32 with a pan of Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Bars! They are the best way to celebrate!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Bars
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 16 -24 cookie bars
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts skins removed
- Sea salt for sprinkling over cookie bars
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown, Skim foam from top, and remove from heat. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking, leaving any burned sediment behind; let cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the browned butter and sugars together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts.
Pour cookie dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle cookie bars very lightly with sea salt. Bake cookie bars for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.