Brown Butter Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn-you only need four ingredients to make this simple and sweet popcorn.
Our boys love it when we make popcorn because they love watching the popcorn go POP, POP, POP! They both run around yelling POP for at least 30 minutes. Popcorn is cheap entertainment for our boys AND a fun snack! They love eating it too:)
Our boys love popcorn with melted butter and salt or Josh’s famous Kettle Corn. I love those versions too, but I always like to mix things up. Food is never boring at our house:) My latest creation is this Brown Butter Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn and it is pretty much the BEST popcorn ever!
This popcorn is so simple and SO good! It’s amazing what a little brown butter and cinnamon sugar will do to a bowl of popcorn. It takes the popcorn from good to GREAT! This is the kind of popcorn that you can’t stop eating! Once you POP, you can’t stop:)
Our boys couldn’t stop eating this popcorn either. I turned on their favorite movie, The Minions, (which they call the “Mimi’s”) and they were munching away! I had to fight for a few handfuls!
This Brown Butter Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn is perfect for movie night, game day, parties, or any day! It is also the perfect snack for your upcoming Oscars party! Your guests will love it and remember, it’s super easy to make. Yay for easy entertaining food! ENJOY!
Brown Butter Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Use an air popper to pop the popcorn. Set the popcorn aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When butter starts to foam, swirl the skillet until butter turns golden brown and develops an amber color and gives off a nutty aroma, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combined the sugar and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Drizzle brown butter over the popcorn and season with cinnamon sugar mixture, tossing occasionally, until all of the popcorn is coated. Serve.
- Note-if you don't have an air popper you can pop the popcorn on the stove with oil.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod