Brown Butter Pasta with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts-whole wheat pasta with sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, feta cheese, pecans, and a simple brown butter sauce. This is the perfect pasta dish for fall!
On Monday, I shared my new favorite fall salad. Today, I am sharing my new favorite fall pasta dish. This Brown Butter Pasta with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is a winner! The words brown butter should have already told you that though:)
This pasta dish has all of my favorite fall ingredients: sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, pecans, and feta cheese. The simple brown butter sauce brings all of the flavors together to create one amazing meal!
I didn’t know what to call this pasta dish because I love everything about it. I didn’t want to leave anything out of the title, but it got too long so I only invited brown butter, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts to the title party. I hope the rest of the ingredients aren’t mad at me. They are still a special part of the pasta dish!
I roasted the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts with a little red onion to bring out the best flavor. I love roasting veggies because it is so easy! I love putting my oven to work.
For the pasta, I used DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Fussili. I love using whole wheat pasta for this dish because it is wholesome, filling, and I love the slight nutty flavor. You can use any pasta shape you want, but I love the squiggly Fussili noodles! Caleb likes eating them too:)
When the pasta is done cooking, I pour brown butter over the pasta and stir in the roasted vegetables. The brown butter sauce is AH-MAZING! So easy too! Finally, I add dried cranberries, pecans, and feta cheese. I love the hint of sweetness from the cranberries, the crunch from the pecans, and the creaminess of the feta cheese. This pasta dish has it ALL! It is the perfect fall pasta dish!
If you don’t have any dinner plans for tonight, you do now, this Brown Butter Pasta with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is calling your name! It would also be a great side dish to your Thanksgiving feast! Enjoy!
Brown Butter Pasta with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta we used DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Fussili
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato, brussels sprouts, and red onion on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown the butter. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until butter turns golden brown, Skim foam from top, and remove from heat. Pour into a bowl to stop the cooking and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When the water comes to a rolling boil, add a little salt, then add the pasta. Cook pasta to al dente, cooked through but still a little firm. When the pasta is done cooking, drain and put back in the pot.
- Pour brown butter over the pasta and add the roasted vegetables. Heat over medium until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans, dried cranberries, and feta cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!