We are going to Hawaii next week and I am super excited. Beach, sand, sun…here I come. The only part that doesn’t sound fun is getting into my swimsuit during the winter. I am used to wearing as many layers as possible to stay warm. Those layers are pretty forgiving on the figure. I hope I don’t frighten the fish:)
To get ready for my swimsuit showdown, I have been eating this Brussels Sprout Pomegranate Citrus Salad. It is fresh, light, and easy to make…and very swimsuit friendly:)
Sometimes I get bored with plain old greens for the base of my salads. For this salad, I used brussels sprouts as the greens. They add a nice crunch and jazzed things up a bit. I added in avocado, oranges, and pomegranate arils. I drizzled a sweet citrus dressing over the top. The flavors and textures of this salad are extraordinary. I have been eating this salad almost every day. I can’t get enough.
Remember when I said this salad was easy to make? Well, it is. Don’t start whining that you have to seed a pomegranate to make this salad. I love pomegranates, but sometimes seeding them can be a pain…and a real mess. POM Wonderful has come out with a genius product, POM POMS Fresh Arils. These ready to serve pomegranate arils will make your life a lot easier.
And don’t worry you don’t have to be a cheerleader to use these POM POMS. Although, you probably will want to do a back flip after tasting them. POM POMS Fresh Arils are sweet, tart, and burst in your mouth. And to enjoy them, all you have to do is open a package. Easy peasy! You can find them in the refrigerator section of the produce department. They are perfect for snacking and adding to your favorite dishes. I love using them in my Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Caleb LOVES POM POMS. They are his precious little jewels. He doesn’t like to share them:) And I don’t mind since they are a healthy snack. POM POMS Fresh Arils have vitamin C, potassium and they’re known for their unique antioxidants known as polyphenols.
We love POM POMS Fresh Arils and they are so good in this Brussels Sprout Pomegranate Citrus Salad. Give it a try!
We have a fun giveaway for you today! One lucky reader will win a POM Party Pack that includes: POM POMS coupons, bottles of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, a POM Wonderful cocktail shaker, a pot holder, a stack of recipe cards that feature the versatility of pomegranates, and a POM apron.
This giveaway is now closed. The winner is Staci A (#768). Congratulations! Thanks to everyone who entered.
To enter to win the POM Party Pack Giveaway, leave a comment on this post, telling us “What is your favorite way to eat a pomegranate?”
3. Subscribe to Two Peas and Their Pod. Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe via RSS.
4. Follow Two Peas and Their Pod on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you follow.
The giveaway is open until Monday, January 14th at 11:59 p.m. MST. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Brussels Sprout Pomegranate Citrus Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 large orange peeled and chopped
- 1 cup POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils
- For the Citrus Dressing:
- Juice of 3 large oranges
- Zest of 1 large orange
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Rinse brussels sprouts and remove any damaged or dirty outer leaves. Place on a cutting board and slice off the hard root end. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the brussels sprouts. When you're done, use your fingers to gently separate the leaves so that the shredded sprouts resemble a very fine slaw. Place in a large bowl and add the avocado, orange, and POM POMS.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle the citrus dressing over the salad and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
- Note-you can use agave instead of the honey to make a vegan salad.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: This giveaway is being provided by POM Wonderful, but our opinions are our own.