Oatmeal cookies with pomegranate arils and white chocolate chunks! These festive cookies are a favorite Christmas cookie!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I am so excited the holiday season is here. Of course, one of my favorite things about the holidays is baking. My baking list is very long this year so on Saturday I turned on the Christmas tunes and got started. To kick off the holiday baking season I made pomegranate white chocolate chunk cookies.
I adore pomegranates. They are such a unique and fun fruit. I eat as many as I can during the winter months. I recently bought a pomegranate to make a pomegranate salad, but this one never made it to the salad. I used it for a batch of cookies instead:) I thought the bright red pomegranate arils would be so pretty in a cookie and I was right! They really made these cookies pop with color and flavor. The pomegranate arils burst in your mouth and are a great compliment to the white chocolate chunks.
If you are looking for a new Christmas cookie to try this year, make pomegranate white chocolate chunk cookies. They are fun, festive, and oh so delicious!
Check out my favorite holiday cookies from last year! I will be posting new holiday treat recipes throughout December, so stay tuned!
If you like these pomegranate white chocolate chunk cookies, you might also like:
- White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles
- White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies
- Oreo White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and white chocolate chunks. Make dough balls-about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Tuck about 6-8 pomegranate arils in each cookie dough ball. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- *Note-you can gently stir in the pomegranate arils, but I didn't want the cookies to turn pink at all. If you don't have white chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips will work as well. Enjoy!