Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies-soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with sweet candied pecans. I like to roll them in cinnamon sugar before baking to make them extra special!
I am SO excited it is cookie season. Ok, every season is cookie season at our house, but I go even more cookie crazy during the holidays! Bring on the butter, sugar, and chocolate!
I am super excited about today’s cookie recipe, Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love making candied pecans. They are great for salads, snacking, and gift giving. I recently made a batch and decided to try them in a cookie. Best decision ever! They are AWESOME in a cookie!
I always have Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter sitting on hand during December. I need to be prepared to make cookies 24/7.
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and tossed in chopped up candied pecans. I also rolled the dough in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture to make the cookies more festive.
I baked the cookies and couldn’t wait for them to cool. I grabbed one off of the cookie sheet and took a bite. Simply amazing! The candied pecans were the perfect addition to the traditional chocolate chip cookie. The pecans added a nice crunch and the hint of cinnamon sugar was the perfect finishing touch!
You better run to the kitchen and make a batch of candied pecans right now! Snack on a few, but make sure you save enough to make a batch of Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so good!
The cookies didn’t last long at our house, so you might want to make a double batch. It is the season of giving, and these cookies make the perfect holiday gift! They are also great for cookie swaps and holiday parties!
Another idea is to make the candied pecans, package them super cute in a jar or bag, and give them as a gift with the cookie recipe! Your friends and family can bake their own cookies with the pecans! I am always up for a day of baking, especially when cookies are involved!
Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie! Add them to your holiday baking list today! Happy cookie baking!
And some fun news! Tomorrow you can tweet with me, Ree, The Pioneer Woman, Becky from the Land O’Lakes Test Kitchen, and my butter blogging buds! Join us for a Live Twitter Party Thursday, December 4 from 8-9 pm EST. We’ll be talking about our favorite holiday recipes, tips for making it through the busy holiday season, and my favorite topic, COOKIES!
To join in on the fun, use the hashtag #CookieChatter. Participants also have a chance to win a holiday baking prize pack from Land O’Lakes, which includes a signed copy of Ree ’s cookbook, “A Year of Holidays” and a year’s supply of Land O Lakes® Butter. Yay! Tweet ya later:)
Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies dotted with sweet candied pecans! The candied pecans make the chocolate chip cookies extra special! To make the candied pecans, click here for the recipe.
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cookie Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped candied pecans
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies if desired
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 3. Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the candied pecans and chocolate chips.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- 5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies!
Two Peas and Their Pod has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.