Caprese Salad Wreath- you only need 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this beautiful Christmas salad. It is the perfect recipe for holiday parties, so festive and fun!
If you are looking for an EASY holiday recipe, you have to try this Caprese Salad Wreath. You only need 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make this Christmas salad.
On a large platter or board, use arugula to make a wreath shape and decorate with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella peals, and basil. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic glaze and you have a showstopper salad that everyone will love!
This caprese salad is perfect for the holiday season, the wreath shape is so festive and fun! Plus, it is SO simple! Take to all of your holiday parties or serve at Christmas brunch or Christmas dinner.
Table of Contents
You only need 5 ingredients!
- Arugula– I love arugula but any salad greens will work for the base of the wreath.
- Grape tomatoes– grape tomatoes are the perfect size for decorating the wreath and the pop of red is perfect!
- Fresh mozzarella pearls or balls– use the pearls or balls because they are small in size. If you can’t find them, you can cut fresh mozzarella into pieces.
- Fresh Basil– tuck in fresh basil leaves for flavor and freshness!
- Balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic glaze– you can use my homemade balsamic vinaigrette or store bought balsamic glaze. Both work great!
How to Make Caprese Salad Wreath
This recipe is super simple. The amounts will vary depending on the size of platter or board you use. Use the photos for inspiration!
- On a large round platter or board, form a circle of arugula that resembles a wreath, leaving a hole in the center. See photo above.
- Decorate with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- If you want an even MORE festive wreath, you can add pear slices, cucumber slices, pomegranate arils, or cut cheese shapes into stars! Get creative!
- You can also make individual salad wreaths on salad plates. They would make any holiday table special!
More Holiday Salad Recipes
- Favorite Pear Salad
- Apple Pecan Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Caprese Orzo Salad
- Beet Salad
- Citrus Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Check out all of our salad recipes, there are lots to choose from!
Caprese Salad Wreath
- 5 oz baby arugula (or your favorite salad greens)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls or balls
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinaigrette, or balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- On a large round platter or board, form a circle of arugula that resembles a wreath, leaving a hole in the center.
- Decorate with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve!
- The amounts you use will depend on the size of your platter or board. You can even make individual wreaths on salad plates. The above amounts are just a guide. This recipe is super simple.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod