This week is a busy one! I am in St. George, Utah for work until Thursday and then my dad is coming out for a visit! So there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I just have to survive the busy work week:)
I have a five pound brick of Peter’s caramel to use up. I think that is a good problem to have, but I don’t know what to make! I made chocolate caramel cookies with sea salt that were fabulous, but that didn’t even make a dent in my caramel supply. If you have caramel ideas let me know!
I love baking blondies because there are so many variations. This time I tried a caramel chocolate blondie. I wasn’t sure if the caramel would melt or harden up, but luckily the caramel melted nicely throughout the blondies. I didn’t want anyone to break a tooth after biting into one of my blondies:)
A little warning-these blondies are rich and gooey, but in the most delicious way! I gave Josh a warm blondie with a tall glass of milk to cut the sweetness. He really liked it and I guess the blondie wasn’t too sweet for him, because he came back for seconds!
I will be making these blondies again-good thing I have 5 pounds of caramel:)
Caramel Chocolate Blondies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 8X8 pan with cooking spray. I used a glass Pyrex dish.
- 2. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl-flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
- 4. Add in the egg and stir. Next, stir in the vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- 5. Add the flour mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Take the little caramel balls and tuck them into the blondies. I spaced them out all over.
- 7. Bake the blondies for 23-25 minutes, until the blondies are set. A toothpick will come out clean when they are done. Let the blondies cool on a rack. When cool, cut and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these blondies, you might also like:
Dorie’s Chewy Chunky Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Marshmallow Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Snickerdoodle Blondies with Cinnamon Chips from Two Peas and Their Pod
Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting from Joy the Baker
Brown Butter Toffee Blondies from Honey and Jam