Hooked On Juicing
Last week we asked in our This and That post if you were interested in us sharing some of our favorite juice recipes. The answer was overwhelmingly YES! So today, we are sharing a recipe for Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice. Oh, and because we love you, we teamed up with our friends at Breville to give away a Breville Juicer-the Juice Fountain Plus. Yahoo!
We are still new to juicing, but we are hooked! We got a Breville Juicer last month and we instantly fell in love. Our Breville Juicer is a dream machine. It makes juicing a breeze and it is easy to clean too-a huge bonus! We have been experimenting with lots of fruits and veggies. One of our favorites is Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice.
My Favorite Dessert Juice
I’ve been making a lot of green juices, but I thought I would share our favorite “dessert” juice. This juice is higher in sugar than our green juices, but it’s a great treat! This juice is super simple to make. All you need are carrots, pineapple, and an orange. That’s it! I never buy juice at the store because I don’t like the added sugars and hidden ingredients that most juices have. I love making my own juice because I know exactly what is going in and coming out!
Juicing is easy and fun. Caleb loves when we get out our Breville Juicer. He always yells, Yay Juice! He loves watching me put in the fruits and veggies and see the juice come out. I’ve never given him store bought juice, but I am ok letting him sample my creations. He is my juice taste tester!
If you are new to juicing, this Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice is a great juice to start with. It is sweet, refreshing, and perfect for summer. You can add a little umbrella to the side of your glass and pretend you are on a tropical island. Just close your eyes and sip away! You will be in paradise!
Other Juicing Ideas
And if want to add greens to this juice, you can. I love adding three big handfuls of spinach or kale. I promise you can’t taste it. The juice is just as good. The color isn’t as pretty, but who cares. I love adding in greens when I can! My boys drink it too:)
I am not a juice expert, but here are a few of my juicing tips:
- Use organic produce when possible. To keep costs down, buy what is in season and on sale. If you are juicing non-organic produce, peel them before juicing to avoid pesticides.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables before juicing.
- Juice is best shortly after it’s made. The enzymes in the juice only stay active for about 30 minutes. Try to only make what you can drink right away. If you have to store your juice, store in a glass jar and fill to the top to minimize the air in the jar. I love using Weck Jars for storing juice. I don’t store juice for more than 24 hours.
- I think juice tastes better super cold, so I always add a couple of ice cubes.
- Avoid juicing fruits with low water content, such as bananas and avocados. They are better blended.
- Don’t throw away your juice pulp! Juice pulp can easily be composted to make healthy garden soil. Our chickens love our juice pulp too! 🙂
- Clean your juicer immediately before the pulp starts to dry. This makes cleaning easy peasy!
- Have fun! Experiment with your favorite fruits and veggies.
We love juicing and hope you enjoy our Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice. If you are interested in more juice recipes, let us know and we can keep on sharing!
And now you can enter to win a Breville Juice Fountain Plus! We love our Breville Juicer and think you will too! Good luck!
Use the PromoSimple Widget below to enter!
Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2 small ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into pieces
- 1 large orange peeled and cut into pieces
- 1. Turn on your juicer, add the carrots, pineapple, and orange-one at a time. Turn off the machine and pour the juice into a glass and serve.
- Note-If you want to make a "green" carrot pineapple orange juice, add 3 handfuls of spinach or kale. I serve my juice on ice.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Disclosure: This giveaway is being provided by Breville, but our opinions are our own. We love our Breville Juicer!