Cheese Ravioli with Lemon Basil Butter Sauce-this fresh and tasty recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is always a hit!
We are always trying to come up with quick and easy dinner recipes. We love sitting down at the dinner table as a family, but sometimes it is hard. We are busy and we know you all are too! That is why we like to have some ” go to” dinner recipes up our sleeves that take less than 30 minutes to make.
Our new favorite quick and easy recipe is Cheese Ravioli with Lemon Basil Butter Sauce. You can have this simple dish on your table in under 30 minutes. And the best part? You will feel like you are eating at a gourmet restaurant because this ravioli is amazing!
We didn’t make the ravioli from scratch because we are focusing on quick and easy. If you have time and want to make homemade ravioli, go for it, but sometimes it is nice to have a bag of cheese ravioli in the freezer. There is nothing wrong with cheating a little:)
And I promise you, once you pour the lemon basil butter sauce over the ravioli, it will taste homemade. The sauce is the star in this dish!
To make the lemon basil butter sauce, we used two Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Half Sticks. We love using half sticks because they are individually wrapped to keep the butter tasting fresher longer.
Once the butter was melted, we added shallot, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, and basil. That is it! So simple and SO good! I mean, can you really go wrong with a butter sauce? I don’t think so! Bring on the butter:)
We drizzled the lemon basil butter sauce over the cheese ravioli and sprinkled fresh Parmesan cheese and a little more basil for garnish. The flavors are light and refreshing, which makes this recipe perfect for summertime!
We are going to plant a ton of basil in our raised herb garden so I know we will be making Cheese Ravioli with Lemon Basil Butter Sauce all summer long! It’s a winner!
Cheese Ravioli with Lemon Basil Butter Sauce
- 22 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 Half Sticks ½ cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Extra basil for garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the ravioli is cooking, make the butter sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about two minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the ravioli in a serving bowl. Pour lemon basil butter sauce over the ravioli and stir gently to combine. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and extra basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Two Peas and Their Pod has partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Butter for their Kitchen Conversations blogger program. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.