Chili Lime Grilled Chicken-this juicy and moist grilled chicken recipe is perfect for summertime! It is easy to make and everyone loves it!
Father’s Day is on Sunday, how are you celebrating dad this year? The boys want to go on a hike with Josh and make him a chocolate cake. Josh doesn’t really like chocolate cake, but the boys do:) It’s the thought that counts:)
If you want to make dad something special for dinner, make Chili Lime Grilled Chicken. It is easy to make and dad will love it!
Josh loves this grilled chicken recipe. He makes it all of the time during the hot summer months. The chicken is juicy, moist, and full of flavor. The chicken isn’t too spicy, but has a nice kick of chili, spices, and lime. Josh likes to garnish the grilled chicken with cilantro for extra flavor and it’s pretty too! Although, I don’t think Josh cares if the chicken is pretty, he just likes cilantro:)
Surprise dad with Chili Lime Grilled Chicken for dinner on Father’s Day. I am going to try and make it for Josh, but I bet he will take over and make it for himself. He likes to do all of the grilling. I will for sure make him dessert though, he deserves to be spoiled. He is the BEST dad and husband! We might have to have chocolate cake (for the boys) and key lime pie, Josh’s real favorite:) I am ok with two desserts!
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken
- Prep Time
- 35 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Zest of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Extra chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Place lime juice, cilantro, and chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag or bowl. Make sure the chicken breasts are covered in the mixture. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the rub. In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the bag and discard the bag with juices. Place the chicken on a plate and cover breasts generously with the rub mixture.
- Brush clean grill lightly with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken breasts until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and garnish with cilantro, if using. Serve warm.