We don’t eat a lot of candy, but sometimes I like to buy candy to incorporate into my baked goods. I was grocery shopping when I stumbled upon Hershey’s chocolate coconut creme kisses. I love chocolate and coconut together and immediately started dreaming up sweet creations. I tossed a bag in my cart and went home to bake. I created a chocolate coconut kiss cookie with my fun candy purchase.
The chocolate cookies are soft, rich, and fudgy. I included coconut extract and coconut in the cookies to go with the chocolate coconut theme. After the cookies cooled to room temperature, I topped each cookie off with a coconut kiss. I also sprinkled a little coconut on top of the cookies to make them extra pretty.
The coconut creme kisses give these cookies an added WOW factor. The creamy coconut center melts in your mouth in the most delightful way. The fudgy chocolate cookie is the perfect way to follow the coconut bliss. Everything about this cookie is joyous. If you are a chocolate coconut fan, this is the perfect cookie for you.
Chocolate Coconut Kiss Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup coconut
- Hershey's chocolate coconut kisses
- Additional coconut for sprinkling on cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or line with Silpats.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars. The mixture will be course and look like sand. Add yogurt, vanilla, and coconut extract, stirring to combine.
- 4. Add flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in coconut. Drop tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- 5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Move cookies to a cooling rack. Press a chocolate coconut kiss in the center of each cookie and sprinkle with coconut. Let cookies cool completely.
- *Note-if you can't find coconut creme kisses, use regular chocolate kisses or another chocolate coconut candy. The cookies are also good without the kisses.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these chocolate coconut cookies, you might also like:
Coconut Chocolate Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Coconut Cookies from This Week For Dinner
Coconut Chocolate Fudge Bars from Cookin’ Canuck